Forgeries

Coliseum1972

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
21 hours ago, Coliseum1972 said:

This is the same item as seen on the BL pawn clip on youtube.....why sell it for just 4k , doesnt add up considering a check fetches 2-3k alone.

Talked with Linda , she seems brain washed by Tadmans bs.

Major Bruce Lee forger?

Link- https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/david-tadman-major-bruce-lee-forger

DragonClaws

On 3/9/2019 at 11:03 PM, Coliseum1972 said:

https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/120/lot/51286/BRUCE-LEE-TWICE-SIGNED-INSCRIBED-DRAWING

This is the same item as seen on the BL pawn clip on youtube.....why sell it for just 4k , doesnt add up considering a check fetches 2-3k alone.

Talked with Linda , she seems brain washed by Tadmans bs.

Bruce Lee’s signature is one of the most forged in the world, Around 90% of all “Bruce Lee” signatures for sale are fake. That means you have a one in 10 chance of picking out a genuine one. It’s why collectors are willing to fight tooth and nail for any Bruce Lee signature that is definitely genuine – it’s why his signature has grown in value by 14.3% per annum since 2000.

Source- http://www.marcmclennan.com/bruce-lee-for-sale-rare/

DragonClaws

Source- https://www.lovemoney.com/gallerylist/53069/the-worlds-most-valuable-autographs-and-how-to-spot-a-fake

Bruce Lee – $15,547 (£12k)

4b8f8f05-949d-4fac-b1c2-dae6eb76e279-24-
Courtesy Autograph Magazine

The martial arts legend is a collectors' favourite and Bruce Lee memorabilia is big business. Autographs penned by the Way of the Dragon star attract high prices and make for a money-spinning investment. Sale prices have increased by 12% since 2000. Pictured is a good example of a Bruce Lee autograph.

Identifying fake Bruce Lee autographs

15a413a0-cbd5-4fc0-bb30-0d4fe12bdb30-25-
Courtesy Bruce Lee Autographs

Fake Bruce Lee autographs are ten-a-penny. As with most forgeries, they tend to be a lot more affordable than the genuine article – if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Another thing to watch out for is signed Way of the Dragon posters. Lee never signed any of these, so if you ever come across one you'll know it's 100% fake.

DragonClaws

It look's David Tadman's still making money from selling BL item's, unless this an old link?. I cant comment on if the following items are authentic or not?.

Link- http://www.universityarchives.com/Bruce_Lee-ITEM36046.aspx

Bruce Lee’s Focus Mitts: Pair of copiously photo ID’d - including training with wife Linda and son Brandon - brown leather Focus Mitts owned and used by Bruce Lee.

Price: $80,000.00

36046F_lg.jpeg

DragonClaws

Paul Maslansky is developing "The Silent Flute," a martial arts feature based on a treatment written by Bruce Lee prior to his death in 1973. Maslansky ("Russia House," "Return to Oz," the "Police Academy" franchise) has announced he's secured financing from Hong Kong-based Bey Logan's B&E Prods. Maslansky produced an earlier version of the movie in 1978 -- better known as "Circle of Iron" -- with the late Sandy Howard. He secured rights to the project from Howard's widow, Arlene Howard.

Maslansky's son, Sasha Maslansky, is writing the new screenplay based on Lee's original treatment. Bey Logan, Sasha Maslansky and Kurt Fethke will serve as producers, with David Tadman and Steve Kerridge also attached to the project as co-producers.

I didnt know about David Tadman being connected to one of the many Silent Flute re-make projects back in 2010?.

DragonClaws

Source- https://autographsale.net/bruce-lee-autographs/

Fake Bruce Lee Autographs

Having been an expert in Bruce Lee Autographs and Autograph Examples for a number of years, I thought I would update my own autograph website and give buyers/collectors some knowledge into Bruce Lee autographs so they have more experience when looking to purchase.

To date the market these days are full of forgeries, many of them very noticeable but others great forgeries plus many machined copied signatures. But we have authentic Bruce Lee autograph for sale.

Here are a few fake examples that have been for sale over the years. They are certainly a lot more forgeries than authentic Bruce Lee autographs.

Fake Bruce Lee autograph

Fake Bruce Lee autograph

Fake Bruce Lee autograph

Fake Bruce Lee autograph

Fake Bruce Lee autograph

Fake Bruce Lee autograph

As you can see some of these attempts are very poor but when you don’t know what your looking at and see a Bruce Lee autograph for sale at $100 you might presume you are onto a winner. The saying goes, if it’s too good to be true then it usually is.

When purchasing I would recommend buying an item from a dealer who offers a lifetime money back guarantee and UACC Registered Dealers.

FYI I would be specifically careful with COA's bearing the name and "signature" of Taky Kimura. And while there are the obvious ones forgeries did get increasingly better in recent years.

Coliseum1972

Indeed 

Honestly i wish here was an autograph police or control organ , too much fraud going on , perhaps a licence to sell autographs and your stock constantly monitored

DragonClaws
On 6/3/2019 at 5:27 AM, Coliseum1972 said:

Honestly i wish here was an autograph police or control organ , too much fraud going on , perhaps a licence to sell autographs and your stock constantly monitored

There's no shortage of BL historians going rogue, or off the rail's,or making a quick buck.

I think John Little is one of the few, who has managed to keep his reputation/character intact.

DragonClaws

Bruce Lee’s signature is one of the most forged in the world, Around 90% of all “Bruce Lee” signatures for sale are fake. That means you have a one in 10 chance of picking out a genuine one. It’s why collectors are willing to fight tooth and nail for any Bruce Lee signature that is definitely genuine – it’s why his signature has grown in value by 14.3% per annum since 2000.

Bruce Lee For Sale! RARE!

Link- http://www.marcmclennan.com/bruce-lee-for-sale-rare/

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Anyone here on the forums own a genuine or faked BL autograph?.

Did own a couple over the years. You can honestly never be sure whether or not it's fake. That's why I call it quits.

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, laagi said:

Did own a couple over the years. You can honestly never be sure whether or not it's fake. That's why I call it quits. 

It's not the cheapest of past time either, when there's money to be made you get forgeries. There's was a recent movie with Mellissa Mcarthy and Rchard E.Grant Can You Forgive Me(2018). That deals with a pair of people who make their living ripping people off with faked collectbles.

DragonClaws
4 hours ago, laagi said:

@DragonClaws It's the same with everything these days; sadly. That's a pretty good movie actually.

I'll have to watch sometime, there's never a shortage of fakery, when theres big money involved.

Coliseum1972

Dont buy glossy rolled HK posters from 70s/80s ,  someone just now paid 300 for a fake one (originals very rare and were always factory folded and very little gloss compared to the bootlegs which are much more glossy)

You can actually get real autographs too : my sgd Bond posters , Streisand (from 60s-80s , she stopped signing fanmail late 80s) , Deer Hunter (de Niro resume , Walken resume , Savage resume , Streep sgd mag , Cazale cut) , Batman 60s posters sgd by West/Ward/Meriwether

Batman 60s lobbys (by director , very scarce)

Horror Express (Italy 4sh & Spain 1sh , one of kinds......by composer)

Kellys Heroes Savalas contract 

All these I own and some i collected in person  

Alberto de Mendoza (been looking 8 yrs now  , cant even find it on ebay)

Riki Hashimoto (compared it to someone who got it in person , its real and never on ebay)

DragonClaws
11 hours ago, Coliseum1972 said:

Dont buy glossy rolled HK posters from 70s/80s ,  someone just now paid 300 for a fake one (originals very rare and were always factory folded and very little gloss compared to the bootlegs which are much more glossy)

There's a lot of these being sold, and for many they cant inspect the posterbefore it arrvies in the mail. Are there any other way's of spotting a fake?.

Ms. Lee, of the auction house, says the items all come with certificates of authenticity issued by the friends and former students of Mr. Lee’s. She declined to identify the current owner, except to say it was someone in the American film industry who has a large collection of Bruce Lee memorabilia.

Bruce Lee’s Famed Jumpsuit Goes to Auction

I wonder who the big Hollywood collector is? aidnt this auction end being exposed for seling fake items?.

04sino-brucelee-tmagArticle.jpg

Coliseum1972

Hwood collector = Tadman ?

Also Tadman makes jewellery , he couldve made that jade pendant himself

On 6/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, DragonClaws said:

I would say a fake. The " r " of Bruce and the "L" of Lee don't look the same as the real autograph shown in a previous post above the post talking about Linda Lee's letter regarding a certain Mr Tadman and fakes. Also, the loops of the "e" are way too long in comparison to the above mentioned signature...

And it seems tp me that even the Chinese signature isn't the same !

But maybe I'm wrong...

Coliseum1972

AAU is not a company I would trust re : CoA

I would not buy if item has CoA from GA or GAI either , lots of fakes with that authenticity company

JSA , PSA/DNA , Beckett can also do mistakes , its sadly buyers responsibility to do research prior to purchase...of these Beckett is prolly the best

Archived