My Name Is Lenny

KCN9NE

Reminds me a lot of Bronson. Has anyone seen this? 

*i couldn’t figure out how to convert the YouTube video I apologize*

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, KCN9NE said:

*i couldn’t figure out how to convert the YouTube video I apologize*

All you need to do is simply paste the URL of the video into a post, and the forum will auto-embed the video for you.

*I went ahead and edited your post and did just that, hope you don't mind*

DragonClaws
16 hours ago, KCN9NE said:

Reminds me a lot of Bronson. Has anyone seen this? 

I thought it was a much bettr made movie, about guy who had actually done more than rob a post office, and then spend his entire life in jail. The only difference being, this didnt have Tom Hardy to draw peoples attention to it more.

Having read McLeans biography a number of times since my early teen's, the film focus's on his prime fighting year's. I liked how didnt go for the useal low budget British crime movie feel, and didnt just show Maclean to be this dumb brawler. The film could easily have leaned more towards the exploitative style, the many football holligen movies take.

I wouldnt call it a Martial Arts film though.

I was not a fan of the main actor (watched the movie last night) I didn’t like his clinch jaw all movie. It just seemed like over-acting imo. It looked from the trailer like the movie would have more bare knuckle fights so I thought it would be a nice discussion point.  

DragonClaws
19 minutes ago, KCN9NE said:

It looked from the trailer like the movie would have more bare knuckle fights so I thought it would be a nice discussion point.  

They did try to sell it that way, but I was glad the actual film went a different route. There's been a lot of content online abut his illegal fight career. He doesnt look like an easy guy to play/portray, Josh Helam's performance didnt bother me at all. Roy Shaw perhaps deserved more credit, the guy stood toe to toe with him, and Maclean was a much bigger and heavier opponent. They were trying to get the film made in the late 90's, when Lenny was still alive, British actor Criag Fairbrass was going to play him. In the book The Guvnor, there's promo pictures of Craig in costume, standing in a boxing pose with Lenny. Fairbrass is set to appear in the up-coming Scott Adkins movie, Avengment.

This might be of interest to you?

Archived