invisible target & dragon hero??

Guest june

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saberdjedi

Don't know about Dragon Hero, but Invisible Target is definitely good. You'll be impressed by how much the stars actually do themselves, especially Nic Tse though. The movie itself is cliche and pretty similar to New Police Story, but the action is done well. However, out of this year's martial arts films, it's easily overshadowed by Flashpoint.

I've heard something about this new movie with Sammo, Yuen Biao, and Nicholas Tse... but I have barely any knowledge of this movie which is rare for someone like me. I knew of Wing Chun the tv series... so is it like a cut down version of the series made into a movie? I just want to ensure I'm not missing out on something.

Guest JustAFan
I've heard something about this new movie with Sammo, Yuen Biao, and Nicholas Tse... but I have barely any knowledge of this movie which is rare for someone like me. I knew of Wing Chun the tv series... so is it like a cut down version of the series made into a movie? I just want to ensure I'm not missing out on something

Different from the show. I enjoyed it.

Guest daisho2004

OK I got a chance to watch this movie last night and it was very good, good storyline and some really good Action scenes, if you didn't get a chance to watch I recommend you do.

News | Home Video | by Mark Pollard | 2007.10.05

Collectors who have yet to pick up Universe’s import DVD of martial arts crime pic INVISIBLE TARGET, released last month in Hong Kong, may want to hold off indefinitely. Back in July it was announced that The Weinstein Company had picked the title up for release on their Dragon Dynasty label here in the U.S.

I was reminded of this while listening to Bey Logan on his audio commentary for DRAGON HEAT and realized it had never been previously announced on KFC. The film has gotten the thumbs up from a couple readers who caught the movie in theaters overseas. It appears to be another chance for DRAGON TIGER GATE star Nicholas Tse to strut his screen fighting skills.

Say what you want about Donnie Yen and his “blender fu,†the non-martial arts-trained actors he works with become credible screen fighters when given the chance. I disparage the Twins every chance I get for their awful taste in scripts and limited acting ability but Gillian Chung could actually hold her own in a screen fight after Yen put her through the paces in several actioners. In another era, she could have been a kung fu or wuxia star. She could’a been somebody. She could’a been a contenda.

INVISIBLE TARGET stars a good percentage of the current generation of Hong Kong’s young male actors including Jaycee Chan, Shawn Yue, Wu Jing, and Andy On. With what appears to be pretty solid action, it’s looking to be a film that puts action film director Benny Chan back on track after helming the Jackie Chan comedy ROB-B-HOOD. Aside from working with Jackie, Benny is best known for directing young ensemble casts in action films like GEN-X COPS and NEW POLICE STORY.

No U.S. release date has been set for INVISIBLE TARGET.

In the meantime, DD has several other Asian action films in the pipeline. DOG BITE DOG is coming out Oct. 23rd. John Woo’s THE KILLER arrives Nov. 6th. Wu Jing is featured in FATAL CONTACT, coming Nov. 20th. Korean action comedy NO MERCY FOR THE RUDE, starring SYMPATHY FOR MR. VENGENACE star Shin Ha-gyun is also on the way.

Archived