Operation Bangkok (1967) - Thai Movies in Hong Kong (Article)

DragonClaws

This should be of interest to @NoKUNGFUforYU?, who I know loves the old Cathay studio productions.

Information about Thai and Hong Kong movie Operation Bangkok (1967) (諜海蛟龍 / die hai jiao long / เพชรตัดเพชร) can be found at Hong Kong Film Archives. They still have Handbill, Still, Poster. The movie can still be found in Thailand. It was a Cathay Scope Production filmed in Hong Kong and Thailand. 12 A4 stills are still kept in the archives. There are pictures of Lor Tok, Petchara Chaowarat in kimono and smoking, Mitr Chaibancha and Prachuap Ruekyamdee. Real stills are in full color with a size between A4 and A3. It is not possible to handle them due to preservation issue. It is interesting to find that the Chinese poster features Chinese actress Regina Pai Ping head in big size. Mitr Chaibancha and Petchara Chaowarat are displayed in small size. On the contrary the Thai poster displays more prominently Mitr Chaibancha and Petchara Chaowarat. In the synopsis, Mitr Chaibanch is written as mi-tsai-wan-chai (Thai detective No 78) as Ah Tsai in the movie. Regina Pai Ping (Hong Kong agent No113) as Pai Lu in the movie. Petchara Chaowarat is written as Pi-chai-la - Sha Mei in the movie.

Click on the link below, to ccess the complete article.

Link- https://www.thaiworldview.com/tv/thaihk2.htm

look045.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a copy (dvdr) years ago, but I'm not sure that the movie wasn't cut, because some of the scenes didn't seem to be related to each other and it even seems to me that the ending was abruptly cut, but I should revisit it in order to be sure.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I'd be interested to see this as well, believe me. Was it subbed?

14 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I got a copy (dvdr) years ago, but I'm not sure that the movie wasn't cut, because some of the scenes didn't seem to be related to each other and it even seems to me that the ending was abruptly cut, but I should revisit it in order to be sure.

9 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I'd be interested to see this as well, believe me. Was it subbed?

23 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I don't think that it was subbed. I'll verify when I'll have a while.

Did this Thai/Taiwanese co-production get any kind of release in the West?, theatrically or on VHS?.

เพลงรักพยัคฆ์สาว - year 1971 - 歌后奇遇記 - "The Singer Story". This Taiwan / Thai movie was released in Hong Kong in year 1972.

look070a.jpg

15 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Did this Thai/Taiwanese co-production get any kind of release in the West?, theatrically or on VHS?.

เพลงรักพยัคฆ์สาว - year 1971 - 歌后奇遇記 - "The Singer Story". This Taiwan / Thai movie was released in Hong Kong in year 1972.

look070a.jpg

I didn't know that it was also a Thai coproduction.

I got a dvdr a few years ago, so, unless it was a tv record (I haven't had time to watch it as yet) , it must have had a release, maybe a vhs one ?

The black frame on the top of your pictures makes me think that there was at least a vhs release...

Archived