Kung Fu Hustle 2 (2020?) - Stephen Chow to Direct Sequel

AlbertV

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/stephen-chow-to-film-kung-fu-hustle-2/

"Although rumors of there being a Kung Fu Hustle 2 < 功夫2 > have always been in the air, Stephen Chow (周星馳) finally officially confirmed the news. While promoting his newest movie, The New King of Comedy < 新喜劇之王 >, Stephen admitted that he will be filming Kung Fu Hustle 2. Fans immediately wondered if the 56-year-old will be acting again in the sequel."

"On the plot of the movie, Stephen said that although the new movie will retain a similar concept, Kung Fu Hustle 2 will have its own independent story. It will be centered around a modern-day kung fu story in a foreign country instead."

His last full acting role in front of screens was 2008's CJ7 as he spent the last decade behind the scenes as writer, producer, and director. He did make a cameo in Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Sounds like an in name only sequel

Yeah I think it's going to be a thematic sequel like the Tiger Cage films and SPL films.

So far, I'm sold. I see the name Stephen Chow and the summary of what it is, I'm totally fine. I won't be fine if it has outlandishly bad CGI or bad jokes in it. I loved how raw the original was. 

legendarycurry

Stephen Chow has said Kung Fu Hustle 2 is coming. What are your Hope's and/or concerns for this film?

I personally want to see Ng Man Tat and Stephen Chow share the screen. I would also like Sammo as action choreographer though sadly that isn't likely.

TheFlyingPanda

A coworker told me today and gotta say, I'm Excited about the News. I would like to see some more old schooler Cameos.  

Wouldn't mind seeing Yuen Wah and Yuen Qiu make cameos (even as different characters), they were great in the first one.

11 hours ago, Asmo said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Yuen Wah and Yuen Qiu make cameos (even as different characters), they were great in the first one.

I'm curious as to who else will have their career jumpstarted in this: Moon Lee? Cynthia Khan? Willie Chi? Max Mok? Conan Lee?

On 2/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, legendarycurry said:

I personally want to see Ng Man Tat and Stephen Chow share the screen. I would also like Sammo as action choreographer though sadly that isn't likely.

Well, despite rumors of a fallout between the two because of the KFH scheduling, Ng Man-Tat actually said the two just drifted apart. According to Ng, Chow actually invited him to appear in The Mermaid, but Ng was sick at the time so he declined. Ng has said if Chow offers him a chance for the duo to come back, he will be more than happy to join him. Maybe Kung Fu Hustle 2? Who knows.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ng-man-tat-denies-fall-035000714.html

Heck yeah! I didn't know how much I needed this in my life. lol I loved the first film. 

Archived