Possessor (2019) Sci-Fi Thriller from Brandon Cronenberg

whitesnake

Brandon Cronenberg has written the script for and will direct the movie, Possessor, which begins production in April, filming on location in Canada.  Cast includes Sean Bean (Game of Thrones), Jennifer Jason Leigh (The Hateful Eight), Stacy Martin (Treat Me Like Fire), Andrea Riseborough (Waco TV mini-series), and Christopher Abbott (First Man).  The movie "follows Tasya Vos (Riseborough), an agent for a secretive organization who uses brain-implant technology to inhabit other people's bodies, driving them to commit assassinations for the benefit of high-paying clients.  When something goes wrong on a routine job, she soon finds herself trapped in the mind of an unwitting suspect (Abbott) whose appetite for violence turns out to rival her own."  From https://deadline.com/2019/02/sean-bean-jennifer-jason-leigh-stacy-martin-christopher-abbott-andrea-riseborough-brandon-cronenberg-possessor-1202553774/   Yes, Brandon Cronenberg is the son of David Cronenberg.

• Like 1

How can I put it? Although I'm not squeamish when I comes to blood, I felt the killings in the film were far too lifelife. I did feel rather sick to my stomach, if I must say so myself. I think if I was this in the cinema, I'd have to say, I might walk out for some fresh air.

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

How can I put it? Although I'm not squeamish when I comes to blood, I felt the killings in the film were far too lifelife. I did feel rather sick to my stomach, if I must say so myself. I think if I was this in the cinema, I'd have to say, I might walk out for some fresh air.

I’m a massive fan of Possessor (and a self-confessed gore hound) but I’ve heard many people say the same thing as you. Brandon Cronenberg really does have a visceral way of capturing violence.

I watched his latest film, Infinity Pool, last week and that, too, features some incredibly graphic scenes of violence, including one of the realist looking stabbings I’ve ever seen.

• Buddha Bless You 1