Liu Yung and Bruce Lee

ShawAngela

Liu Yung talks about Bruce Lee (unless I'm mistaken). Sorry if it has already been posted here, but I don't have the time to check the thread...Japanese subtitles.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Liu Yung talks about Bruce Lee (unless I'm mistaken). Sorry if it has already been posted here, but I don't have the time to check the thread...Japanese subtitles.

Could anyone here translate the origina audio, or the Japanese subtitles?.

Here it is :

" After two years of learning behind the camera, I played in Big Boss in 1970 with Bruce Lee in Thailand. Big Boss was my first movie. at that time, with O Chun Hung and Nora Miao, we played in " Thez devil's treasure ". At that time, we loved to work in Korea. For the administrative formalities, everything was simpler there. We couldn't go to China to shot snowy scenes. In Korea, it was easier and cheaper than going to Europe and go to Japan was even more expensive. At that time, we very often went to shot the movies in Korea. And I'm almost a Korean. (Fred Ambroisine asks him if he speaks Korean). Yes, I speak Korean, I speak Korean very well."

On 9/30/2019 at 6:07 PM, ShawAngela said:

Here it is :

Thank you @ShawAngela, really appreciate you translating the interview for us.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:07 PM, ShawAngela said:

" After two years of learning behind the camera, I played in Big Boss in 1970 with Bruce Lee in Thailand. Big Boss was my first movie. at that time, with O Chun Hung and Nora Miao, we played in " Thez devil's treasure ". At that time, we loved to work in Korea. For the administrative formalities, everything was simpler there. We couldn't go to China to shot snowy scenes. In Korea, it was easier and cheaper than going to Europe and go to Japan was even more expensive. At that time, we very often went to shot the movies in Korea. And I'm almost a Korean. (Fred Ambroisine asks him if he speaks Korean). Yes, I speak Korean, I speak Korean very well." 

Some interesting details there, in regards to why they didnt shoot in Japan all that much.  I wonder if Korea was producing that many Kung Fu films around 1971?, I've read that the Bruce Lee movies revived the interest in Boxer films their. With Korean producers focusing more on Wu Xia styled productions before the arrival of The Big Boss. Bobby Kim would later help revive the Korean Kung Fu movie genre in 1974.

“The action co-coordinator had hired many Thai Boxers. Their Stuntmen practised Thai Boxing. They questioned Bruce´s fighting techniques and ability. They didn´t think Bruce was better than the action co-coordinator, so Bruce took up the challenge. He said: “Ok, Come on. If you are a good fighter come and fight me.” Then he walked up to one of the Thai Boxers. He said “Now I am going to punch you, i am going to punch you NOW, get ready!” BANG, he hit him. You knew that he was going to punch you…then the punch landed. Very fast. His punches and kicks were executed very quickly.”  - Tony Liu

Source- https://www.wingchunnews.ca/bruce-lee-vs-muay-thai-fighter-in-1971-the-fight-last-18-secs/

Tony Liu (el hijo del gran jefe)

Well...I wonder what they mean by " hijo del gran jefe " (son of the great chief)...Who was Tony Liu's father ? Was he a well known people ?

hkmdb only talks about his mother who was a great actress, but nothing is said about his father...

Very strange...

Archived