Angel Films (aka 'Iron Angels', 'Midnite Angels', 'Angel Terminators' etc.)

Guest skulldugrey

One Armed Boxer
I love part 2! Good ole' 80's jungle action with kickass fights! The Moon Lee VS Yuen Tak fight is awesome!

Sounds good to me! I'll have to have a dig around for it sometime soon.

I'm probably wrong, but I remember there was a movie called 'Angel Force' that I almost purchased a few times back when hkflix was still up and running, is that an alias for 'Angel 2'? I distinctly remember there is a picture of Moon Lee on the cover in what looks like very similar army gear that she's wearing in the trailer I posted, and I think it also starred Johnny Wang & Yuen Bun...but I know you said Yuen Tak...same movie, or a cheap cash-in?

• Like 1

I also didn't think much of "the middle man" but then I did watch it on VCD which was pretty awful quality which certainly didn't help.

I personally didn't think much of ITLOD Part 3 to be perfectly honest and sold my copy. Definitely no where near as good as Parts 1,2 and 4 in my honest opinion.

OAB, I have noticed that "Iron Angels" always seems to be available when I can't afford it and out of print when I can. :frown:

I also have to agree with TWC with his comments for Midnight Angels 3. It's an awful quality DVD that didn't help my enjoyment of the film in the slightest. film was passable at best.

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey guys, I used to watch these ANGEL movies all in a row when I'd get in the mood for them, so they kind of all run together for me. Which one has the scene where Moon Lee is in a mansion and uses white nunchaku to wipe out over a dozen guys? I love that scene. :smile: Is it part 2?

BTW, there's a fan-made uncut version of the first film over at ADC. The quality is outstanding. :nerd:

• Like 1

Kung Fu Bob, that's part 3. I agree with you man, that fight was definitely one of the best in the series. Mei Ah put a nice DVD out of part 1, I wish that they would put out part 2 and 3!

• Like 1

Does Moon Lee appear in a bra or bikini in any of the Angel sequels? I remember an online review that had a screenshot with that picture but I don't recall it from actually watching the films.

Guest WuxiaFan
Hey guys, I used to watch these ANGEL movies all in a row when I'd get in the mood for them, so they kind of all run together for me. Which one has the scene where Moon Lee is in a mansion and uses white nunchaku to wipe out over a dozen guys? I love that scene. :smile: Is it part 2?

:yociexp105:

That would be part 3. I bought the Ground Zero disc just for THAT scene - one of my all time favorites!

:smile:

Anyone interested in a widescreen, professionally translated version of Angel 2 and Angel 3? I'm looking to have those translated professionally. the existing versions are not so good.

• Like 1

I have a nice remastered DVD from Europe. It has the canto soundtrack, but the subs from the LD are awful. Same thing for Pt. III.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

I have the german version of part 3 which is excellent. But a nice version of part 2 is something i've been searching for, for a long time. A custom job would be awesome.

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I'd love a great version of this. Right now the best version I have is a letterboxed print from a VCD. Obviously the picture quality is only fair because of the medium. But I still prefer this to the much clearer full-screen DVD version because you can enjoy the action better.

• Like 1

Anyone interested in a widescreen, professionally translated version of Angel 2 and Angel 3? I'm looking to have those translated professionally. the existing versions are not so good.

Not sure about pt 3 but I'm interested in Angel 2 especially if its anamorphic W/s

• Like 1

Haz: Is the dvd you have of Angel 2 the Czech version? I have a copy taken from that source and it's widescreen but seems to have cut off some of the picture from the bottom.

It's still probably the best version I'll ever get hold of I guess.

• Like 1

Haz: Is the dvd you have of Angel 2 the Czech version? I have a copy taken from that source and it's widescreen but seems to have cut off some of the picture from the bottom.

It's still probably the best version I'll ever get hold of I guess.

Hi,

Yes, its the Czech version. Here is a link to compare the German & the Czech. They both have cropping. Mouse over the photos to change them. The subs for 2 are pretty bad.

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/vergleich.php?lang=en&vergleichID=757

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Hi,

Yes, its the Czech version. Here is a link to compare the German & the Czech. They both have cropping. Mouse over the photos to change them. The subs for 2 are pretty bad.

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/vergleich.php?lang=en&vergleichID=757

Thanks for the comparison. That's a lot of cropping from the bottom, and a bit from the top too. But there's more info on the sides! I wonder if the major cropping from the bottom was to remove imbedded subs from the print?

• Like 1

I would have thought that it was to remove subs, but who knows? The picture is really nice. A shame about the cropping. If anyone has anything in Canto that they would like to have translated, let me know. My canto translator is great!

• Like 1

mind you, the Czech DVD has quite some cuts too, reportedly. didnt bother to check as so much picture was cropped anyway.

best bet is still the UK Laserdisc for it picture and cut-wise.

• Like 1

some forum post some time ago. no idea. don't care. czech print was worthless anyway, why should i have bothered saving the info... someone else has to compare the versions...

some forum post some time ago. no idea. don't care. czech print was worthless anyway, why should i have bothered saving the info... someone else has to compare the versions...

You really find the Czech print that bad?