Angel Films (aka 'Iron Angels', 'Midnite Angels', 'Angel Terminators' etc.)

Guest skulldugrey

Guest skulldugrey

what is the best bet for purchasing these 3 Moon Lee films? I know the 2nd one is supposed to have a letterboxed/subtitled VHS release in the UK from MIA, but what about the 1st film? there's another option to buy the 1st two films together on VHS on amazon.co.uk, also from MIA and the product description lists them as being subtitled. does anybody know if this is true and if they're letterboxed and uncut? lastly, the final film (Moon Lee with nunchakus!!) seems to only have an english-dubbed/full screen DVD release from some kind of Wu-Tang Clan collection. does anybody know if that release is uncut, or if there are any other versions of Angel III out there, preferably subtitled? thanks!

Guest kingofkungfu2002

No probs :)

To insert the avatar go to 'My Control Center' on the main page, then 'Edit Profile', then where it says 'My Photo' insert the url of the image.

Hope this helps.

Guest kingofkungfu2002

This board resizes the avatar to 60x60, it won't let you go any bigger I think.

Oh and don't forget to untick the box that says 'private' otherwise it won't show when you post.

Guest skulldugrey

so Angel III isn't available anywhere with a widescreen print?? if not, that's a shame. I received a copy of the UK MIA vhs yesterday of Angel 2, and unfortunately it won't work on my player, probably because it's PAL formatted. the thing is I have a region-free DVD/VHS player which automatically converts PAL to NTSC for any dvds, so I figured it would do the dame for vhs but apparently not.. too bad cuz it was Cantonese and widescrren!@ however, I went down to Hollywood video and bought the Xenon vhs of Angel 2, and to my surprise it was also widescreen, however eng. dubbed unfortunately. for 2 bucks it was worth it!

Guest bruce holecheck

I had the Japanese prerecords of the series:

Angel -- English dubbed and 2.35:1, with its framing raised so the foreign subtitles didn't intrude.

Angel II -- Cantonese language and 2.35:1, with its framing raised so the foreign subtitles didn't intrude, though they would still occasionally creep in. The HK print I have (which I assume came from LD) contained burned-in subtitles and was cropped fullframe.

Iron Angels III -- English dubbed and cropped 1.33:1 with Japanese subtitles on the print.

-- bruce holecheck