Enter the Dragon II

shukocarl1441996347

Just now, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Whatever, dude...

At the end of the day, if Joey Chen told you about what happened in the last few months of Bruce Lee's life. Then I go ahead and tell you my version of his last days. Which of us would you listen to?, neither?.

Wether he's telling the truth or not?, he's in a better place to say what happened then I am. The guy worked with BL, was it for five days? or only 15-minutes?. Who am I to say, that its all bullshit?, I wasnt even their to witness his ETD audition. I've only ever read and listened to whats being told to me by other's. All we as fans have to go on, is the words of those who were there.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Wasn't really my point. You can believe him or not, I don't really care. But you claimed to be impartial when challenged on it, and if you read the bit I quoted from you, it just doesn't sound like you were. If I said "A huge thank you to Domino's Pizza for making this great pizza and other great culinary revelations" would you say I sounded like I was endorsing them?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Wasn't really my point. You can believe him or not, I don't really care.

Did you read all of Joey Chens posts?, did you view all his videos?. I dont understand why a non Bruce Lee fan would spend so much time listening and reading BL related content?. Becuase if you havent read all his posts, or viewed all his videos. Then that means you are commenting on something you don't  know anything about?. Would you dismiss a Bruce Lee biogrpahy, based on not liking the first few pages?. Sorry if me apearing biased in my first post offended you. Never before has my so called bias been the centre of attention.

13 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

If I said "A huge thank you to Domino's Pizza for making this great pizza and other great culinary revelations" would you say I sounded like I was endorsing them?

It all about your point of view, it could be seen as a endorsement. Or you could just be genuinly happy with your order from them?, but which one is it?.

I don't know Joey Chen but after a cursory glimpse at his Facebook ramblings, he seems like a massive bullshit artist. He claims to know the exact way Bruce died and basically claims Raymond Chow had him offed...

Raymond Chow used to be a CIA agent in Taiwan. And you know that what CIA can do anything to protect their own interests; whatever interests especially financial interests. Raymond Chow was not as decent as you would think. 20th July 1973 Bruce Lee was going to have dinner with Raymond Chow and George Lazenby former James Bond actor who was going to play a role in Game of Death. The situation and circumstances were like nothing unusual was going to happen but unfortunately it did happened that nobody expected it. On the evening of 20th July 1973 Bruce Lee was dead. Raymond Chow claimed that Bruce Lee died at his house. When the Scotland Yard in Hong Kong questioned him about Bruce Lee death, he changed story several times. So how did Bruce Lee actually died. I, Joey Chen investigated the death of Bruce Lee for more than 10 years and in 1984 I went to Hong Kong from Australian and discovered the truth death of Bruce Lee. On 6th July 1973 in Rome Italy Charles Bronson told the few of us including King Hu on my left and Ingrid Bergman on my right that Bruce Lee was probably die of "foul play".

I know we're all fans of the genre and, oftentimes, fans of particular actors but we have to weed out the nonsense. Especially when it comes to Bruce. He's the perfect cash cow for people wanting to ride his coattails as there's a pre-existing "air of mystery" about both his life and death. As much as we want to believe things, sometimes we have to stop ourselves.

• Like 1

In my humble opinion, this conversation is becoming very sterile.

There are things that are posted as informations. One can believe it or not, but it shouldn't lead to such sterile posts on who is right or who is wrong, and it should be put to a stop before insults are coming...

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

I already stopped, no point in discussing anything with someone who is just deflecting and ignoring your real points.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

In my humble opinion, this conversation is becoming very sterile.

Agreed, its clear to me this had nothing to do with Joey Chen or Bruce Lee mis-information anymore, if it even was to begin with?.

The early buzz from Enter The Dragon turned Bruce into a hot commodity, MGM wanted Lee to star in a film with his childhood idol Elvis Presely. The Italian producer Carlo Ponti asked Bruce to star in a film with his wife Sophia Loren. Shaw Brothers offered him $5000,000 for his next picture. But Bruce didnt feel it was enough.

Warners Brothers Ted Ashely desperatly wanted to lock Bruce into a multi-film deal, so he could turn Enter The Dragon into a franchise.

The more producer's offered him,the less satisfied he became with producer Raymond Chow. Bruce erupted over a story printed in Golden Harvest's in house fan magazine. That not only said Chow had discovered him, but also like a babysitter to him. Mostly they fought over money, After the incredible success of Way of The Dragon, Bruce was expecting wagon-loads of cash to roll upto the doorstep of his mansion. Instead it arrived in trickles. Raymond Chow argued that it was taking time for the theatre owners to remit money to Golden Harvest and besides much of it was ear marked to pay back the loans Bruce had taken out to buy his mansion, Mercedes, and mink coat. Bruce beleived Chow was cheating him, and delaying his rightful share of the profits.

Getting back onto the subject of Bruce Lee/Shaw Brothers, and the follow up to ETD. When you consider the three quotes above, taken from Mattew Polly's BL A Life biography. It makes you wonder if an ETD sequel. Would have had any actual links with Golden Harvest at all?.

Now according to the first Mattew Polly quote, Lee turned down Shaw Brothers $500,000 offer to make a movie with them. Yet George Lee's book claim's he was going to make a period picture with them?. While he turned down thier first offer, did they come back with a second offer in regards to the period film deal?.

George Lee's book confirms that Bruce was definitely going to do the Shaw movie. Bruce even got him to make an axe that was to be used in the film.

Source-https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bruceleelivestributeforum/shaw-bros-t4022-s40.html

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Finally, here’s the first of two letters Lee wrote to Ted Ashley back in 1973:

April 22, 1973

Ted,

Nowadays, my offers for doing a film have reached to the point that I guarantee you will both surprise as well as shock you.

Viewing from the angle of efficient practical business sense, I hope we will be fair and square and have mutual trust and confidence– I have had a bad experience doing a picture with some person or organization in Hong Kong. In other words, I was burned once, and didn’t like it.

Without Bruce Lee, I am sure that Warner Bros. will definitely and factually suffer no loss, and vice versa; therefore, and I sincerely mean it, that is from one human being to another, practical business or whatever it is, I sincerely hope that during this meeting, I will find a genuine and truthful friend, Ted Ashley.

As a friend, I am sure that you will agree with me that, after all, quality, extremely hard work, and professionalism is what cinema is all about. My twenty years of experience, both in martial arts and acting, has apparently led to the successful harmony of appropriateness of showmanship and genuine, efficient, artful expression. In short, this is it, and ain’t nobody knows it like I know it. Pardon my bluntness, but that is me!

Under such circumstances, I sincerely hope that you will open up the genuineness within you and be absolutely fair and square in our transactions. Because of our friendship, I am holding up my money-making time—like ten offers from hungry producers—to look forward to this meeting. You see, Ted, my obsession is to make, pardon the expression, the fuckingest action motion picture that has ever been made.

In closing, I will give you my heart, but please do not give me your head only; in return, I, Bruce Lee, will always feel the deepest appreciation for the intensity of your involvement.

Bruce Lee

Source- https://briandanacamp.wordpress.com/2013/07/20/bruce-lee-40-years-ago-today/

• Like 1

As Bruce Lee was fielding million dollar projects from European producers, Ted Ashley who knew about Bruces collapse, made an emotionally clever proposal: $100,000 a year for as long as Linda and Bruce would live, if he would make five more movies with Warner Brothers. Bruce Lee: A Life Mattew Polly

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

Nothing new here, this letter has been online for nearly a decade or so. However, I havent find anymore detials regarding the third project Bruce Lee talks about. In following letter to Adrian Marshall?. Was this another Italian offer?.

Bruce Lee and Hanna Barbera Animation Deal? - Sunday, September 23, 2012

Source- http://kicreativestudio.blogspot.com/2012/09/bruce-lee-and-hanna-barbera-animation.html

Dear Adrian,

Will be arriving Los Angeles on Aug. 3rd, would like to sit down and hope you can leave open the weekend of Aug. 4th and 5th to discuss the followings:

1/ the deal with Hana Barbera
2/ Warner's proposition
3/ Titanas from Italy
4/ Andy's proposition from H.K. which I will explain to you when I see you in person

All in all, it will be a hectic schedule with television shows, United Press interview, etc., spending one week in L.S. and leaving on Aug. 18th to New York for another week of publicity, maybe Johnny Carson Show and so forth etc. And then, my publicity tour will officially end on Aug. 24th and on Aug. 25th I will meet Linda at L.A., ready to come back to H.K. hopefully in one piece.
In the meantime, if there is any preliminary discussions that you can start without my presence, go right ahead. However, I would prefer you and I sit down first and discuss the whole plan of the income tax situation before we proceed on. Also, I would like to meet with you first before meeting with Raymond Chow and then both of us will hear him out. By the way, there are also other propositions of books, clothings, endorsements, etc. At any rate, I will talk to you personally when I see you.

Take care my friend,
Very truly yours, 

Bruce 

PS: Looking forward to a sincere opened and honest relationship between you and I to really do something fair and square. By the way, SY Weintraub had just called and will be flying here to H.K., supposedly to have devised a super plan for me. At any rate , I won't sign anything until I and then maybe Raymond and/or SY sit down and we all talked. So get prepared!! See you soon. 

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Dragon Face
On 4/18/2020 at 11:04 AM, DragonClaws said:

Nothing new here, this letter has been online for nearly a decade or so. However, I havent find anymore detials regarding the third project Bruce Lee talks about. In following letter to Adrian Marshall?. Was this another Italian offer?.

Source- http://kicreativestudio.blogspot.com/2012/09/bruce-lee-and-hanna-barbera-animation.html

Bolo Yeung has shown me a script called "New Enter The Dragon" based on his story. It was in 2010 but this project never started. 

Edited by Dragon Face
  • Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 1:56 PM, Dragon Face said:

Bolo Yeung has shown me a script called "New Enter The Dragon" based on his story. It was in 2010 but this project never started. 

Thanks for sharing that information on the forums.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:04 AM, DragonClaws said:

I wonder what Weintraub's 'Super Deal' was going to be? 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 10:39 PM, DragonClaws said:

Thanks for sharing that information on the forums.

I am sorry but I was wrong with the title. It was "Enter of the New Dragon"

• Like 2

On 8/13/2020 at 2:42 AM, Josh Baker said:

I wonder what Weintraub's 'Super Deal' was going to be? 

We can only guess, but it may have allowed BL to work in both Asia and America?.

• Like 1

Was Tower of Death(1981) more of a sequel to ETD, than Game of Death?. We have Roy Chiao back and Bruce Lee playing more of a monk rather than a celebrity actor?. I think the only Game of Death(1978) connection comes in the English dubbed prints?. With Bruce Lee's character being reffered to as Billy Lo. Michael Worth put this theory out during his his G.O.D 2 themed Clone-Cast episode.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

WarriorBloodCrest
On 10/26/2020 at 7:03 AM, Dragon Face said:

Bolo wanted to play a mentor character and Tony Jaa the lead.

Any chance for posting the script here, if you happen to have a scan of it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WarriorBloodCrest said:

Any chance for posting the script here, if you happen to have a scan of it?

I hadn't had a chance to read the full script but I saw it in Bolo's hotel room in 2010 when I worked for him as one of his agents. The script is based on a story created by Bolo but it has been written by other person (in English). I believe the script still exists and I could ask to scan it. Greetings.

• Like 5