Kong Ban

ShawAngela

I thought that there already was a thread for this excellent actor and a favourite of mine, but I was unable to find it.

Here he is (wearing black clothes and glasses ) in a 2007 TV show  in which he sings.

There is also an actress who is familiar to me, but I can't find who she is, and I don't know either who is the third actor wearing red clothes.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While looking for Kong Ban's stuff on youtube, I came across a clip from the Taiwanese TV showing a car accident in which Kong Ban might be involved, or hurt or maybe something even sadder.

The Taiwanese clip is also subbed in Chinese, so, if someone could translate it for us, it would be good, please.

Thanks.

Ok, since nobody answered my question here nor on the other forum where I posted this clip, I finally asked the Chinese ebay seller who sometimes helps me to buy from Chinese site with no English options to buy and here is his answer :

He is OK & NEWS )on 2018 feb13)
A Maserati worth more than 7 million people collided. Fortunately, the people in the car were not injured. The police went to the scene to find out the situation. They found that the owner of the SUV who was hit by Maserati was actually an actor who had won the Asian film. .

I'm relieved that Kong Ban didn't suffer from the car accident, I was afraid that he might have died in it.

I didn't know that he had won an award for his movies, that's good news too, he is a good actor, especially in his martial arts movies.

Chu Liu Hsiang

Oh good, I'm glad nobody got hurt! Thanks @ShawAngela I found this article https://www.setn.com/E/news.aspx?newsid=348111 and had intended to check it out over the weekend, now I'll rather spend that time watching movies :D

I was not aware he is known as Chiang Pin nowadays. Just saw him in @NoKUNGFUforYU's excellent custom FLIES OVER GRASS. Kong Ban is really great in these ancient swordsplay movies, he surely shines in any genre. Seems he won Best Male Lead at the 18th Asian-Pacific Film Festival in Seoul in 1972, for 1971 movie THE PLAYFUL GIRL.

On 2/7/2019 at 10:19 AM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I was not aware he is known as Chiang Pin

I think that Kong Ban is the Cantonese pronunciation of his Mandarin name Jiang Bin (and the first Chinese character is really " Jiang " ). I heard the woman in the above clip really call him "Jiang Bin" ; Chiang Pin must be the romanization of his Mandarin name, such as what happened with David Chiang whose name Jiang Da Wei has been romanized as Chiang Ta Wei...

Archived