'Gotta ask: Moon Lee or Michelle Yeoh??

Guest moviegyrl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kingofkungfu2002

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but MEI-AH are releasing Angel on DVD on September 18th. Here's the specs:

Letterboxed and 16x9 enhanced

Cantonese, Mandarin language

Chinese (Traditional), English, and Chinese (Simplified) subtitles

angelxd7.jpg

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'll definately be picking up the Mei Ah version of Angel when it comes out, I sure hope it's uncut. I have the FLR version in which Pete spliced back in the cut scenes. Since Mei Ah's version is remastered hopefully it will have alot better pic quality than FLR's version. Yukari is one bad bitch in this flick! And of course you get the great Hwang Jang Lee as well, I find it suprising that his name isn't listed on the front of that DVD cover along with the rest! :eek

Guest DragonMa55

I'm disappointed that Moon is not featured prominently on the cover, it made her a star, the guy who designed that cover should be forced to take a photoshop class again.

Maybe in the eighties but she married Phillip Ko later on, I think she's single now but don't quote me on that.

Someone should really look her up and do an interview with her, it's been so long.

She was married to actor Mark Cheng Ho-Nam (who made his Hollywood debut recently in the Jet Li film War) for four years, then she later married Philip Ko. However, I do think she is single today and living in the Philippines.

Whatever happened to Angela Mao Ying?

She was great onscreen & looked like she can really kick some azz & had great form, and was cute to boot. I can Imagine her doing the role of Wing chun instead of Michelle Yeoh, but I do like Michelle in Royal Warrior roles and other modern Hong Kong type of movies.

Angela did make an appearance recently in Tokyo at a film festival dedicated to her. Check out this video clip of her at the festival:

She was married to actor Mark Cheng Ho-Nam (who made his Hollywood debut recently in the Jet Li film War) for four years, then she later married Philip Ko. However, I do think she is single today and living in the Philippines.

Thanks for the clarification, I knew she was married to Philip Ko at some point, I'd forgotten about Mark Cheng. It's really weird when you see Yukari torture Mark in 'Kickboxer's Tears' if only to imagine Yukari actually doing that to her husband lol.

if i have to choose between Moon and Michelle, i'd go with Michelle. But in terms of girls with guns in general; i'm a Cynthia Khan kind of guy;)

Archived