'Gotta ask: Moon Lee or Michelle Yeoh??

Guest moviegyrl

Guest moviegyrl

Of all the 'dancers-turned-onscreen-fighters' in modern actioners, Moon Lee and Michelle Yeoh have always been at the top rung (IMO). However, I'd like to narrow it down further. Yeoh is accomplished at balletic acrobatics; but I've never been impressed with her punches/kicks. Lee, on the other hand, looks to have better (on-screen) fighting form. What do you think? Which one of them got it right?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest froffeecoffee

I admit, never seen too many Moon films. What are some suggestions that showcase her at her best. For me, love Michelle Yeoh. It's probably because she's been in better overall movies.

Guest DragonMa55

Absolutely Moon Lee, it's a shame Moon never really got the fame she properly deserved. Michelle Yeoh is really the only female action star to break into the west and she's really capitalized on it.

I'd start with Angels.

Guest moviegyrl

Thanx, morgoth! kingofkungfu2002 helped me out!8)

BTW, I don't recall Michelle ever using nunchaku (spelling?). And, there appears to be a little blooper in this scene. It looks as though Moon reaches for the weapon with her left hand, while it's still in motion, but it's out of reach. Am I seeing this correctly?8o Can someone explain the use of her left hand in this sequence?

Whatever happened to Angela Mao Ying?

She was great onscreen & looked like she can really kick some azz & had great form, and was cute to boot. I can Imagine her doing the role of Wing chun instead of Michelle Yeoh, but I do like Michelle in Royal Warrior roles and other modern Hong Kong type of movies.

Guest moviegyrl

Although she's not covered under this topic ;) , I agree with 'chinatown kid' that Oshima did a great job in ANGEL 1! I hadn't thought she could really 'act'. I think it was her best role (and, I've seen THE OUTLAW BROTHERS, which is over-hyped IMO).

Guest DragonMa55

Angela Mao retired and got married, can't say I blame her.

That kick Yukari does at 3.21 is just stunning, that whole sequence is awesome. The only annoying thing in that movie is that at the end Yukari and Joan Chen are struggling to defeat Yasuaki then the con-woman starts fighting him and he suddenly starts to lose, it's really her just beating him by herself, it doesn't look right.

Guest DragonMa55

Maybe in the eighties but she married Phillip Ko later on, I think she's single now but don't quote me on that.

Someone should really look her up and do an interview with her, it's been so long.

Archived