Shaw Brothers’ Kung Fu Movie Marathon to Stream on Twitch

Ronin

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ronin said:

Hopefully that will bring a new set of audience to the "old school" kung fu movies.

Now this have me thinking.....

With the recent "stop" selling out of your region that was issued, could this be one of the deals that was in the pipeline. 

This deal is with GammaRay and those who don't know the parent company of GammaRay (Skybound Entertainment) is one of the producers of the TV show The Walking Dead.

I don't even know what is Twitch, and I guess that it's not a free streaming platform.

It would be good if they announced the full list of titles in order that we can see if there are unreleased titles on any  format among them...

13 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I don't even know what is Twitch, and I guess that it's not a free streaming platform.

Twitch is a live streaming video platform and is owned by Amazon.

There is both free and paid.

I have their prime service which is called Twitch Prime (if you have Amazon Prime then all you do is just link Twitch with Amazon).

At one time Twitch Prime which was ad free but that was halted late last year in favor of Twitch Turbo which now ad free and subscription based.

GammaRay which will actually be doing the streaming is another platform can be seen on Twitch as well as Youtube, Facebook & Instagram. Since it will be exclusively on Twitch then we can assume Amazon paid the $ for the exclusivity.

Although I have Twitch Prime I am rarely on there as I am not a gamer - my son is.

13 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

It would be good if they announced the full list of titles in order that we can see if there are unreleased titles on any  format among them...

Since Amazon is involved that I don't think that there will be any unreleased titles, very likely it will be the titles already available on Amazon Prime with maybe a few new "remastered" titles or titles not yet made available to stream.

But, they can surprise us.......... also waiting to see what the full lineup of what SB movies will be streamed.

Chemical Lemon
On 1/24/2019 at 5:54 PM, thekfc said:

Since Amazon is involved that I don't think that there will be any unreleased titles, very likely it will be the titles already available on Amazon Prime with maybe a few new "remastered" titles or titles not yet made available to stream.

But, they can surprise us.......... also waiting to see what the full lineup of what SB movies will be streamed.

They posted the lineup.  Mostly movies already on streaming and HD.  But a half dozen or so that have only seen dvd/vcd releases.  Off the top of my head.

Trilogy of Swordsmanship 

The Fighting Fool

Coward Bastard 

Descendant of the Sun

Black Tavern

heres hoping these are HD remasters 

https://www.twitch.tv/gammaray_tv?no-mobile-redirect=true

6 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

They posted the lineup.  Mostly movies already on streaming and HD.  But a half dozen or so that have only seen dvd/vcd releases.  Off the top of my head.

Trilogy of Swordsmanship 

The Fighting Fool

Coward Bastard 

Descendant of the Sun

Black Tavern

heres hoping these are HD remasters 

https://www.twitch.tv/gammaray_tv?no-mobile-redirect=true

Thanks.

Nice line-up so far but it looks like they only listed a portion of the schedule.

These are the titles they announced  - 28 out of the 44.

One-Armed Swordsman

Return of the One Armed Swordsman

New One Armed Swordsman

Trilogy of Swordsmanship

Descendant of the Sun

Coward Bastard

Holy Flames of the Martial World

The Shadow Whip

Executioners From Shaolin

Shaolin Mantis

Golden Swallow

Bat Without Wings

The Five Venoms

The Dragon Missile

The Fighting Fool

Black Tavern

The 14 Amazons

The Lady Is The Boss

The Kid With The Golden Arm

The Invincible Shaolin

Blood Brothers

The Savage Five

Heroes Two

Opium And The Kung Fu Master

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Return to the 36th Chamber

Disciples of the 36th Chamber

Buddha's Palm

Missing from the the list which are in the clips they showed  & initially stated are "King Boxer",  "Cripple Avengers", "The Flying Guillotines" and  "Super Inframan". Maybe they will show these as well as the not yet announced titles on their double feature Thursday & Friday Movie Nights. 

Archived