F9: The Fast Saga (2021) - Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, John Cena

AlbertV

Veteran actor Michael Rooker and former UFC fighter Francis Ngannou, have now officially joined the cast of Fast9.

• Like 1

The full trailer: 

Always nice to see every single action set piece in a four minute trailer that almost renders actually seeing the film pretty much pointless!

• Like 3

Due to Coronavirus this has been delayed a whole year until April 2021.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/variety.com/2020/film/news/fast-and-furious-9-vin-diesel-coronavirus-1203531860/amp/

I could cope with Bond. But these are the big bombastic action films I look forward to seeing on the biggest screen possible.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 3

Cant wait for the crossover between Fast & Furious and Star Wars. I wouldn't be surprise at this point, they go that route.

• Like 2

My spoiler filled thoughts

Spoiler

The most over the top instalment yet. Not the most hand to hand heavy film, but what there is hits very hard.

My favourite fight? Jordana Brewster finally gets to kick some ass in this one in a great fight alongside Michelle Rodriguez. If you're expecting the Diesel vs Cena smackdown to get anywhere near his bust up with Dwayne Johnson in Fast Five, it doesn't. It's very short.

Everything is pretty much business as usual. Family, family and more family. Got a favourite cast member from previous films? They probably show up here.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 3

Super Ninja

It's once again OTT and with that well known family mambo jumbo, but it's also.. reflective? Maybe they ran out of ideas or are just admiring how this franchise survived for so long in the first place.

Nothing new here and for the first time I felt continuing this saga is meaningless. Some spectacular action worth seeing on the big screen though. My biggest take away was the young Anna Sawai who has the best fight in the movie, gotta keep an eye on her.

The irritating hick from Tokyo Drift is back and Charlize Theron is hot as hell here.

• Like 2

Enjoyed it even more the second time, especially the scenes between Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster, I hope they make a spin off with them.

I still don't like Dom being Superman, especially in the fight scene where he single handedly takes down about fifty huge guys and destroys a whole metal framework with his arms. It does look impressive but makes Dom the dullest character in his own franchise.

And Charlize Theron is electric, despite being confined to a box for most of the film. Give me a film where Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Natalie Emmanual and Anna Sawei team up to fight Charlize Theron.

• Like 2

This franchise has become nothing but a boring and lazy mess. I wished they had the dignity to end it with Furious 7.

But hey as long as the boxoffice figures are right, who gives a f*ck!

Seriously the best thing about F9 was the family flash backs. And that's saying something. Even the insanest (dumbest) action can't save this.

Doesn't come as a surprise that most of the cast looks incredibly tired and seems to have only shown up for their paycheck. Above all Vin Diesel, who mind you got paid a whopping $20M upfront!

Also it's funny that the producers thought John Cena would be the next best thing. Since Diesel and The Rock don't get along anymore.

I rarely say this but IF you must watch this I do hope you don't pay a single cent. That's the only way this will ever end.

• Like 1