F9: The Fast Saga (2021) - Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, John Cena

AlbertV

This year is going to be busy for Vin Diesel. In April, he will begin shooting the ninth (and second to last) installment of The Fast and Furious franchise. Production will take place in both the UK and in Hawaii. Plot details are unknown but what is confirmed is that Justin Lin will return to the franchise to direct after sitting out Furious 7 and The Fate of the Furious

http://www.darkhorizons.com/fast-furious-9-plans-uk-hawaii-shoots/

After that film wraps up, Diesel will be set for the fourth xXx film.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

The Rock wont be in the next installment of this rubber burning franchise, but I think thats a good idea. It's not like the him and his screen character, hasnt got a movie of their own to star in, alongside Brit-Brawler, Jason Statham.

Link- https://theactionelite.com/the-rock-wont-be-in-fast-furious-9/

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Pretty obvious this was coming, but will it affect box office? I do wonder, Vin Diesel isn't the pull he once was and there's a strong argument to be made that Johnson brings in a lot of the audience. Of course a Fast film will always do well, but it'll be interesting to see.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, saltysam said:

I don't think Dwayne Johnson & Vin Diesel get on, perhaps that's ehy he's not in this one.

That and the much highly publicized rift between Johnson and Tyrese Gibson. Besides, I think Johnson will be too busy working on the next Jumanji film to even be able to shoot the F&F film. 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2019 at 1:58 PM, saltysam said:

I don't think Dwayne Johnson & Vin Diesel get on, perhaps that's ehy he's not in this one.

Never heard this before, The Rock actually helped revive this series, and let it go in a whole different direction. Big ego and big pay-checks are going to cause friction, it's like any job, you have work with people, you might not choose to work with personally.

Personally, I think they left him out, becuase his character just got his own movie, pretty much, even though he's sharing the screen with Statham. Probably more interested in this, than another installment in the series.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 8:58 AM, saltysam said:

They allegedly hated one another and would only be together in the same room when sharing scenes. I've heard Vin Diesel doesn't like people stealing his thunder.

Johnson went to ABC News and said that he and Diesel had a talk in his trailer to clear the air and did say they have different views of professionalism, but it seems that feud has cooled off for now. Apparently, Diesel has been known to be late on the sets consistently and that's what set off Johnson. 

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/GMA/Culture/dwayne-rock-johnson-explains-sparked-vin-diesel-feud/story?id=54242825

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Johnson went to ABC News and said that he and Diesel had a talk in his trailer to clear the air and did say they have different views of professionalism, but it seems that feud has cooled off for now. Apparently, Diesel has been known to be late on the sets consistently and that's what set off Johnson. 

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/GMA/Culture/dwayne-rock-johnson-explains-sparked-vin-diesel-feud/story?id=54242825

That doesn't surprise me. If you can say only one positive thing about Johnson (though obviously there are lots), the man has an incredible work ethic

• Like 3

DragonClaws

So far with have Tyrese Gibson, Jordana Brewster and Vin Diesel back from the previous installment's. With actor Lucas Black(Fast & Furiouse 7) rumoured to be joining the cast, according to IMDB. With Michelle Rodgriguez and more names appearing on the early poster art-work. Though it appears The Dwayne Johnson wont be returning, Link- https://theactionelite.com/the-rock-wont-be-in-fast-furious-9/.  If the female driven spin-off project gets off the ground, how will it effect the casting for this ninth instalment?.

MV5BNzk5MTc1ODYtZmEzNS00NDVkLTg2NGYtZWFl

MV5BZjZhYTkyMjgtNjFkZi00NDAyLTk5ZDgtMDYw

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

Cena's a good choice. He might not have the star power of Dwayne Johnson but he's proved he has acting chops on numerous occasions. I think he could really shine in something like the Fast & Furious franchise.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, DragonClaws said:

UPDATE: John Cena Joins Cast?

Link- http://www.maactioncinema.com/archives/8188

john-cena-poses-with-the-pace-car-prior-

It's official....John Cena is going to be Fast and Furious. And it looks like there will be a new screenwriter in the form of Dan Casey, who will be writing based on a story from director Justin Lin.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/john-cena-officially-joins-fast-furious-9-1202629115/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, hanshotfirst1138 said:

So the Rock is definitely out?

Yes, he will not be in FF9, but he may end up being in the final 10th film of the series.

• Like 2

hanshotfirst1138
5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Yes, he will not be in FF9, but he may end up being in the final 10th film of the series.

Apparently there’s some serious bad blood between him and Diesel over his taking the spinoff. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 10:23 PM, hanshotfirst1138 said:

Apparently there’s some serious bad blood between him and Diesel over his taking the spinoff. 

They had beef even before that over the way they do things on set but after a meeting in Diesel's trailer,  they seemed to have been civil for the most part. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
13 hours ago, edher_M.A. said:

Are they still making this movies?  I jumped off  the ship around part 6 or something.

Part 7 is great (if you like big, silly action) but part 8 I could have lived without. I thought that one let down the series.

• Like 2

hanshotfirst1138
15 hours ago, edher_M.A. said:

Are they still making this movies?  I jumped off  the ship around part 6 or something.

Yeah, it’s one of the biggest franchises in cinema right now. 

• Like 2