Green Bamboo Warrior & Producer Andrew Vajna

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

- We talked about wanting to work together in two or three years. He really liked my house, which he bought from me, and he lived there for the last two years Said the producer, who couldn't wait to work with Lee more seriously, but fate intervened twice. “We would have started working on it when Warner Bros. figured out he also wanted to make a movie with Bruce Lee, and since it was a more serious studio, it’s natural that he accepted their offer. It would have helped our film as well, because it would have made it an even bigger star.

- During a 1972 shoot, Vajna contacted Bruce again and signed him to two films. According to their plans, they would have made a costume for the first time, except that The Dragon died unexpectedly six days before its Hong Kong premiere. Even though they could never work together because of the actor’s tragic death, they came close together.

- "I had a very good friend when I lived in Hong Kong," the government commissioner said. “He was a real character, he didn’t try to act, and there’s no one like him to this day. He didn’t want to play Shakespeare, he wanted to be in kung fu movies where good always wins. He stands up with 150 people and ruins them, that’s how he felt at home, and he didn’t have a match for that.

Source- https://www.hirmagazin.eu/en/bruce-lee-andy-vajna-hazat-vette-meg-a-halala-elott-ott-toltott-el-szep-eveket

37 MAG ideas | magazine cover, covergirl, fashion magazine cover

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Some brief interesting stuff regarding Green Bamboo Warrior mentioned in the early part of the below video. That was at least new to me.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

"Before the premiere of "Brother Tangshan", Bruce Lee planned to make another movie with Golden Harvest, and then return to the United States to star in "Samurai" or "Kung Fu". "In the contract signed by Xiaolong and Zou Wenhuai, he needed to finish filming the second movie "Fist of Fury"." Linda said, "What he probably meant was to finish filming this movie for Zou Wenhuai first, and then go back to Hollywood to weigh in."

"On November 21, 1971, Bruce Lee mentioned the filming plan of "Samurai" in an interview with the English newspaper "Sunday Post-Herald": "I should find out within a week whether this thing is still there In progress, if it goes ahead as planned, I will have to rush back to Hollywood immediately. This is a very weird adventure film, which tells the story of a Chinese who went to the American West in 1860 to fight for justice. You can understand. Those cowboys on horses with guns and me with a green bamboo pole, interesting right? Now the problem is, there are a lot of people in Hollywood trying to decide what the American TV audience wants. Would accept an Eastern hero. We might get some weird feedback from places like the American South."

Source: https://www-twtaipei-com.translate.goog/lxlshhzs/68926.html?_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=zh-TW&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1