Karate Kiba

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU

Anyone remember this one? Not his greatest movie, but pretty good twists and turns. Just did a custom of it.

vlcsnap-2019-01-20-21h00m47s426.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

THE BODYGUARD (1973)! Right on.

Any chance you'll do the sequel? I've only ever seen it as a terrible looking, Japanese audio print with no subs. Has some very cool action in it though.

NoKUNGFUforYU
1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

THE BODYGUARD (1973)! Right on.

Any chance you'll do the sequel? I've only ever seen it as a terrible looking, Japanese audio print with no subs. Has some very cool action in it though.

So far, that is it. But they are restoring all those movies from Japan for VOD at a furious pace (sadly, mostly Yakuza films with no subs) so it may turn up. Getting it translated will be tough, though. I have German, French and Chinese translators, but Japanese, not yet. I usually copy line by line, or find an English dub, etc, for those Japanese ones, and I don't know if the sequel ever made it here. 

odioustrident

Somebody made a custom of Bodyguard Kiba 2 from what looks like a TV rip. It was for trade only and I never got a copy. Need to look again.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Asking a fellow collector as well. Another goodie is the Great Chase. Sue Shiomi is a race car driving spy, wearing silly disguises. In one scene someone mentions "What cheap sets!" Kind of a weak and a nod to their own constraints....

Also, the villain is a pervert rapist (fairly unpleasant, so be warned) who rapes women while wearing a bear costume. Pretty poor taste, and reprehensible now, but if you are into weird stuff, I suppose it would be a selling point.... 

• Administrator
On 2/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, odioustrident said:

Somebody made a custom of Bodyguard Kiba 2 from what looks like a TV rip. It was for trade only and I never got a copy. Need to look again.

@odioustrident was it a custom that included English subs? Oh man, I'd love to get a hold of that.

20 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Asking a fellow collector as well. Another goodie is the Great Chase. Sue Shiomi is a race car driving spy, wearing silly disguises. In one scene someone mentions "What cheap sets!" Kind of a weak and a nod to their own constraints....

Also, the villain is a pervert rapist (fairly unpleasant, so be warned) who rapes women while wearing a bear costume. Pretty poor taste, and reprehensible now, but if you are into weird stuff, I suppose it would be a selling point.... 

7 hours ago, bigrogie said:

HAZ made a nice custom subbed of it years ago.

@NoKUNGFUforYU I have seen THE GREAT CHASE (thanks anyway for mentioning it though). Got the custom from @HAZ that @bigrogie mentioned. Enjoyable flick. Yes, that villain is without a doubt one of the nuttiest, most twisted freaks in action cinema!

3 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

It's remastered on the Toei Channel, so, a matter of time...

https://sketchesofchiba.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/bodyguard-kiba-2/

I wish the official Japanese DVDs/BDs would include English subs, because I'd definitely pay to import them.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I would probably buy the Custom from the old TV rip and then take the subs and transfer to the new print at some point.

Archived