Who was your favourite challenger of Ho To (Gordon Liu) in Heroes of the East? (with poll)

Omni Dragon

Who was your favourite challenger of Ho To (Gordon Liu) in Heroes of the East?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favourite challenger of Ho To (Gordon Liu) in Heroes of the East?

• Royal Kendo- Takeshi Yamamoto
    • Head of a Karate A gymnasium - Tetsu Sumi
    • Double-Section-Pole - Manabu Shirai (Nunchaku master)
    • Coach of Yali - Nobuo Yana (Spear master)
    • Sai Expert - Yasutaka Nakazaki
    • Black Belt Judo - Hitoshi Ohmae
    • Ninjutsu - Kurata Yasuaki

1  Royal Kendo- Takeshi Yamamoto

01 Royal Kendo- Takeshi Yamamoto.png

2 Head of a Karate A gymnasium - Tetsu Sumi

02 Head of a Karate A gymnasium - Tetsu Sumi.png

3 Double-Section-Pole - Manabu Shirai (Nunchaku master)

03 Double-Section -Pole-Manabu Shirai.png

4 Coach of Yali - Nobuo Yana (Spear master)

04 Coach of Yali-Nobuo Yana.png

5 Sai Expert - Yasutaka Nakazaki

05 Sai Expert -Yasutaka Nakazaki.png

6 Black Belt Judo - Hitoshi Ohmae

06 Black Belt Judo - Hitoshi Ohmae.png

7 Ninjutsu - Kurata Yasuaki

07 Ninjutsu - Kurata Yasuaki.png

Personally I'll pick 'Ninjutsu - Kurata Yasuaki' because I think Kurata's Ninjutsu character has the best fight against Gordon,  though maybe that's because it was the longest and most varied.

I did also like the quirkiness of the Sai Expert and the intensity of the Kendo master. I think my least favourite fight was the judo one, is it just me or are grappling fights a bit poor in old school shapes, though I did like the character.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Ah Tao himself, I must say that "my favorite is the Ninjutsu/ Japanese Crab Style fight with Yasuaki Kurata." All seriousness though, I love every fight in this film and love the message it gives by the end of the movie. Like Martial Club, no one really dies. It's such a fun movie that could be looped over and over again.

Kurata for me,mainly because of the length.It has been a while since I watched it so I may have to dust it off(my vote may change after though).👍👍

ShaOW!linDude

Love the end fight with Kurata, but solely for the sake of being different, I'd say my favorite fight scene is Ah Tao with the 3 sectional pole vs Manabu Shirai with the nunchucks and tonfa. This was the first time I'd ever seen the 3 section pole used onscreen and the opponent's dual use of a set of nunchucks and a tonfa was sweet.

I too would go with the fight with Kurata..

On 1/14/2019 at 1:10 AM, panku said:

for overall entertainment my favorite challenger of Gordon in the film is his wife, Mizuno Yuko. :)

That one should have been in the pool & I would have voted for it as it was the best overall challenge he had.

3 hours ago, thekfc said:

I too would go with the fight with Kurata..

That one should have been in the pool..

And kurata does not, every contest should have about equal screen time which applies to all except kurata..

I voted nuncha dude too that was pretty swift opponent.

Revisited this great movie yesterday. Is it just in my eyes or was the japanese spear master quite average in skill? I do not think choreography was issue as all other weapon fights were top notch but this seemed bit tame and not on liu chia huis side.

I stay with my vote to nuncha although sai challenge was nice too.

I'd go with Kurata-san.  I like his skills as a martial artist and the fight went well with Lau Kar Fai.  Although I do have to admit that Lau's use of the three-sectioned staff was really nice against Shirai.

Chu Liu Hsiang

The movie will always be special for me, not only for the many great, varied fights and overall message but also because it was the first Shaw movie I watched that did not end in a bloodbath, I could hardly believe it! Not that there is something wrong with a good old movie bloodbath ...

I voted for Kurata because additonally to anything positive mentioned, his Crab Style Surprise made me laugh out loud. I agree on Ah Tao's wife being his biggest challenge :bs_laughing:

Archived