Bad Boys for Life (2020) - Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Vanessa Hudgens, Alexander Ludwig

AlbertV

bad-boys-for-lif3-begins-production-696x

Shooting has begun on the long awaited third installment of the Bad Boys franchise, which reunites Will Smith and Martin Lawrence as Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett. Joe Pantoliano has officially returned as Capt. Morgan and the veterans, while facing a drug-cartel leader, also come to grips with taking on a trio of young cops in their department, played by Vanessa Hudgens, Alexander Ludwig, and Charles Melton. To complicate matters, the new head of the AMMO team is Mike's ex-girlfriend, played by Paola Nunez. Jacob Scopio plays the central villain of the film.

The film is being directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah with Jerry Bruckheimer producing.

The film is set for a January 17, 2020 release date.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sad that Michael Bay wasn't brought on to complete the trilogy. The first two are arguably his best films to date. And now they've got two relatively unknown directors at the helm. I hope they bring the same energy Bay did.

Really enjoyed the film . Great seeing Martin Lawrence & Will Smith  back on screen together . It's difficult to compare with the other ones. Certainly a lot better than last film I saw at cinema, Rise of Skywalker .

Obviously it will be a much bigger  success than they anticipate  & it hints at return for bad boys 4 . Surprised they put a quality film on in January.

OpiumKungFuCracker
7 hours ago, JJBINKS said:

Really enjoyed the film . Great seeing Martin Lawrence & Will Smith  back on screen together . It's difficult to compare with the other ones. Certainly a lot better than last film I saw at cinema, Rise of Skywalker .

Obviously it will be a much bigger  success than they anticipate  & it hints at return for bad boys 4 . Surprised they put a quality film on in January.

How is the action? Is it as good as The Bay? I'm sure the chemistry is still there.

13 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

How is the action? Is it as good as The Bay? I'm sure the chemistry is still there.

Action is good,. i felt it was well done & well shot.  , pretty violent  .  There somes good fight scenes with a bit of martial arts  in there..  There is an excellent motorbike chase.  i can't remember  bad boys 2  that well but the action was better than in part 1. 

This is the most average film I've seen for months. Perfectly serviceable entertainment, the requisite guns, fights and banter, but I couldn't remember a word of it after coming out the cinema. Also Smith's Mike Lowery is a pretty unpleasant character to spend time with, at least Lawrence has the goofy likeability, and it is their chemistry that carries the whole film. A few good punch ups, and the spectacle of gun fights with a pleasing lack of Michael Bay voyeurism.

2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

but I couldn't remember a word of it after coming out the cinema. 

I felt Martin Lawrence comes up with some classic lines . 

1 hour ago, JJBINKS said:

I felt Martin Lawrence comes up with some classic lines . 

To be fair, the scene where they shoot the guy with the rubber bullet did make me laugh, Lawrence's facial expressions especially. 

I was really disappointed with this one. I went in totally psyched, I mean Smith and Lawrence were gonna kick some ass, no? No. Lame story, lame direction, no punch or kick, Lawrence and Pantoliano sleepwalk through the film and the whole thing feels like it's playing at 0.85 speed. The rats aren't fucking anymore either.

Archived