Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021) - Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris

AlbertV

It is official that thanks to its success worldwide, a sequel to Venom is officially in the works. Kelly Marcel, who produced and co-wrote the original film, is returning to both write the script and serve as an executive producer. Tom Hardy will be returning as Eddie Brock and his symbiote alter-ego and if you missed the mid-credit scene, Woody Harrelson is slated to return as serial killer Kletus Cassidy, who merged with a symbiote becomes the deadly Carnage. 

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/venom-sequel-sony-tom-hardy-1203098558/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

It is official: Andy Serkis will replace Ruben Fleischer as director of Venom 2. Fleischer will be unable to return due to a schedule conflict. Serkis closed the deal today.  Kelly Marcel wrote the screenplay, with Tom Hardy returning as Eddie Brock/Venom. It is believed Woody Harrelson will play Cletus Kassidy/Carnage.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-2-andy-serkis-direct-1228724

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Coming off the success of lensing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Robert Richardson will be lensing Venom 2 as the DOP. He said this:

“I’d seen the film. I watched it again, then they sent me a script and I felt like, yeah, I would say yes anyway to Andy just because I would say yes to Andy, but I also think it’s a great… I think it’s unexplored yet, and it’s going to explode, and this film, I think, will help it explode, because you have a remarkable central character with Venom, but now you’ve got Woody Harrelson, who’s going to obviously make his own little entrance here, and we’ll see what else comes in with the Sony Marvel collaboration. I look forward to it. It’s a massive change for me, but I’m excited. I think Hardy is one of our best. He never misses. I so look forward to sitting with him and watching him perform.”

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Wow! Some details have been released for Venom 2

Carnage, who will be played by Woody Harrelson, will be getting a love-interest...it will be the character known as Shriek

Shriek_(Marvel_Comics).pngcapture_1.jpg

The character has not been cast yet, but she will be in the film. Details at The Playlist

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Shooting has officially begun and it was confirmed that Woody Harrelson returns as Cletus Kassady aka Carnage and Naomie Harris is going to play Carnage's girlfriend, Shriek. After this, director Andy Serkis will jump to DC to play Alfred in The Batman.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/filming-begins-on-the-venom-sequel/

• Like 2

Tom Hardy posted Woody Harrelson's look in Venom 2. His hair is more controlled but not that shirt LOL (Hardy took the photo down but gets one I found on Dark Horizons, next to Venom)

woody-harrelson-venom-2-set-photo.jpg
Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Secret Executioner

@AlbertV That Instagram link isn't working. :( Still, talking about "controled" when discussing someone playing a character like Carnage feels rather funny.

Also, since this is a Sony production... Any chance of a crossover with the Amazing Spiderman Spidey at a point ? IIRC this is taking place in the same universe, though with Spidey joining the MCU this version of the franchise may be pretty much dead now (in spite of projects like a Sinister Six movie).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

@AlbertV That Instagram link isn't working. :( Still, talking about "controled" when discussing someone playing a character like Carnage feels rather funny.

Also, since this is a Sony production... Any chance of a crossover with the Amazing Spiderman Spidey at a point ? IIRC this is taking place in the same universe, though with Spidey joining the MCU this version of the franchise may be pretty much dead now (in spite of projects like a Sinister Six movie).

I think after Spidey's next 2 MCU films, he may go to the SUMC (Sony Universe of Marvel Characters) Unless Disney and Sony make another MCU deal. Who knows at this point? 

There's also rumors of a potential Spider-Woman film and Sony wants Alicia Vikander as Jessica Drew. All spec at this time.

• Like 3

Good news: The sequel to the film now has an official name - Venom: Let There Be Carnage

The bad news: We now have to wait nine months, as Sony moved the release date to June 25, 2021. 

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/venom-sequel-delayed-june-2021-1234586038/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

September 24, 2021 is when it will come out.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Drunken Monk

I hate to say it but this doesn't look good at all. They really need to get rid of the comedy angle.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I hate to say it but this doesn't look good at all. They really need to get rid of the comedy angle.

Was thinking the same thing. The comedy doesn't fit. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlbertV said:

New trailer:

Much better trailer this time around. I actually laughed at some of the jokes at the end. So yeah, I'm kind of interested in this one now(I also just got finished reading some of Todd McFarlane's run on Spiderman that centered on his battles with Venom, that got be reinterested in the character).

• Like 3

The film has a small delay. Originally set to be released on September 24, the film will now come out on October 15 and there are rumors that a statement from director Daniel Espinosa revealed that Venom may make a cameo in the upcoming Morbius movie. 

https://www.darkhorizons.com/venom-sequel-delayed-shang-chi-stays/
https://www.darkhorizons.com/morbius-cameo-spoiled-by-director/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, AlbertV said:

The film has a small delay. Originally set to be released on September 24, the film will now come out on October 15.

It'll be going up against Halloween Kills. A ballsy move since 2018's Halloween did really well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

It'll be going up against Halloween Kills. A ballsy move since 2018's Halloween did really well.

With the under performance of The Suicide Squad and questionable performance of Black Widow, not to mention the disappointment that was the second Wonder Woman movie, I can't help but (heh) wonder if so the end of Phase III of the Marvel Universe really did serve as a climax to the entire Superhero Boom we've had since 2000 or so. If so, then Halloween Kills will indeed have the advantage.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
7 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

With the under performance of The Suicide Squad and questionable performance of Black Widow, not to mention the disappointment that was the second Wonder Woman movie, I can't help but (heh) wonder if so the end of Phase III of the Marvel Universe really did serve as a climax to the entire Superhero Boom we've had since 2000 or so. If so, then Halloween Kills will indeed have the advantage.

That's very true. I wonder if superhero films will see a resurgence with Shang-Chi... or whether we'll have to wait for Matt Reeves' The Batman for the comic book love to come back. I mean, that one has to make a boatload of money, right?

• Like 2

There is a rumor going around that the film may be delayed to January 21, 2022 and the film will be 1st film to be branded under the newly named Sony's Spider-Man Universe. The SSU, as it will be called, used to be called the SPUMC (Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters). I think with Spider-Man: No Way Home coming in December, I will not be surprised because even Morbius is supposed to come out a week later on January 28, 2022.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/venom-sequel-may-be-pushed-to-january/
https://www.darkhorizons.com/sony-rebranding-spumc-as-ssu/

• Like 2

The film's new official release date is October 1 after originally moving it from September 24 to October 15. So now, the official date is October 1

0x0.jpg

• Like 3

Majin Android

They say the success of Shang-Chi helped Sony lockdown a final release date for Venom 2.

the cgi in the trailer for Venom 2 looked not good, might be better in the final film hopefully

• Like 2