Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires blu ray coming in April 2019

Chemical Lemon

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoKUNGFUforYU

Meh. I always looked at this as a great idea that completely failed. The British treated the HK crew like crap, (accept Cushing and a few of the actors were very nice), rushed the fight scenes and the direction was awful. Just a real lost opportunity. Both companies did some cool stuff, but history shows they ran out of ideas and tried to cut costs, eventually killing the business.

Killer Meteor

One thing I've noticed about this is that the opening credits list Feng Ke-An (Fung Hark-On) prominently, but I can't see him. The credits list him as one of David Chaing's brothers, but I wonder if in fact he is one of the vampires?

1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

One thing I've noticed about this is that the opening credits list Feng Ke-An (Fung Hark-On) prominently, but I can't see him. The credits list him as one of David Chaing's brothers, but I wonder if in fact he is one of the vampires?

HKMDB list him as 'Leung's fighter', if that's an indication.

Is there concrete proof longer chinese version actually exists or it`s just rumour which may (or may not be) true???

2 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

Is there concrete proof longer chinese version actually exists or it`s just rumour which may (or may not be) true???

I don't know if there is a longer cut, but I do know this scene is not in the 2 versions I have:

legend of the seven golden vampires - lobby france 01.jpg

NoKUNGFUforYU
3 hours ago, panku said:

I don't know if there is a longer cut, but I do know this scene is not in the 2 versions I have:

legend of the seven golden vampires - lobby france 01.jpg

They probably never filmed it. Just posed to lure people into the theaters. Has Shih Szu done a lot of nude scenes? Or even close? With a white dude as well back then?

TheFlyingPanda

I'm picking up a copy of this as well due to the historical aspect of it. Definitely could have been better. 

On 1/8/2019 at 5:15 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

They probably never filmed it. Just posed to lure people into the theaters. Has Shih Szu done a lot of nude scenes? Or even close? With a white dude as well back then?

Maybe they thought an interacial couple, might be too risky at the time, so removed this sequence?.

As the only releases I had of this movie were a French TV record and a bootleg, I recently got the double sided Anchor Bay dvd with the international version and the cut US version and it was like if I had watched two different movies !

In the US version, the dialogue between Chan Shen and Dracula isn't complete and Chan Shen's words aren't even translated.

Also, I don't understand why they cut such scenes as the Chinese students arguing with Peter Cushing before leaving, or David Chiang climbing on the wall in order to go into Cushing's house, and they even cut Shih Szu's and her lover's kiss...They also cut (or add, I don't remember) the scene in which Shih Szu feels that she'll be captured by the vampires...

Even the beginning credits and music look different ! That's so strange !

The features include Peter Cushing's narrating of the movie and we can hear there that Shih Szu promises to her lover that they'll be happy together and that she'll coock noodles for him when the vampires will be dead, Cushing saying that they enjoy the moon in the landscape, while this is not seen in the movie and the poor Shih Szu doesn't even have a talking role and we only hear her voice just when she screams while fighting or when she is captured by the vampires !!

yeah i got it here, looks great. wonderful upgrade and hard to top now. David Interview has some funny bits.

Yes, I know that, but it happened that I bought a Nova blu ray mentioned as region A though it actually was an all region blu ray, that's why I ask someone whe has the physical blu ray in order to be sure...

i can't properly check Regions sorry. codefree PC Player only. but you can be pretty sure it is Code A if it's stated with Shout Factory.

6 hours ago, spannick said:

i can't properly check Regions sorry. codefree PC Player only. but you can be pretty sure it is Code A if it's stated with Shout Factory.

True, I haven`t yet come across shout/scream factory title which is region free.

13 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, I know that, but it happened that I bought a Nova blu ray mentioned as region A though it actually was an all region blu ray, that's why I ask someone whe has the physical blu ray in order to be sure...

You could still buy disc even as region A...One day you very likely get all region player when they become more widely available in europe, I had to order mine from amazon UK but eventually affordable players will be sold in local store.

I started to buy A releases well before actual player coz knew in future will get it definitely and did not want then to have too big shopping list waiting.

I have the release. I will try to double check in a day or so regarding Region. But, I am pretty sure it’s Region A. I like the release but I have seen much better transfers. Some parts look really really good but a few scenes here and there look almost SD quality or a VHS to DVD transfer. Extras are decent but the old doc on this is nowhere in sight. 

muppetdanny

Disappointed the "Fist of Fire" documentray was not included :( I think I'll wait for a UK release - I hope!

Archived