Rumble in 2019: What Movies Are You Looking Forward To?

DragonClaws

MV5BYjk1YmE5ZDMtODNjOC00MTgyLTg4ZDEtMzhi

Which movies are Kung Fu Fandom forum contributors/followers, looking forward to the most next year?.

The Bouncer/We Die Young, are two Van Damme titles on my radar for next year. Along with Avengement from Director Jesse V.Johnson, with Scott Adkins and Louis Mandylor,Craig Fairbrass and Greg Burridge. Not to forget Abduction too, also starring Mr Adkins alongside Andy On and Truang Ngoc-Anh. Fingers crossed, the long awaited Invincible Dragon, with Max Zhang, Anderson Silva and JuJu Chan, finds a release in various markets. How will Project Extraction with Jackie Chan and John Cena shape up?, interested to see what Tim Man brought tp the production too. Then there's the not so small release of Ip Man 4, the latest installment in Donnie Yen's popular Ip Man screen saga. These are just some of flicks, making there way to screens next year.

I'm still waiting for two titles, I listed in last year thread, to get a physical release. The Foriegner with Jackie Chan, which still has no phyical release in the U.K. Then there's Triple Threat, which still wont hit cinemas and Home Media formats, until around March next year. Still holding out for the Stu Bennet, Gary Daniel flick Vengeance, and its sequel, set to come out next year sometime. Also intrigued to see how Sammo Hungs new comedy, A Lifetime Treasure, turns out.

The cast and crew of Invincible Dragon.

15178190_375688986115805_633435523381025

The December 2017-2018 Thread.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I think Invincible Dragon may end up being a dud, I am anticipating anything Max Zhang has to offer right now. I'm hoping his Assassins & The Missing Gold will see a release too, although I believe it's been renamed now. I just can't remember the new title.

Ip Man 4 is, of course, a big one. I'm less intrigued by Donnie and more intrigued in how Yuen Woo Ping handles Scott Adkins. 

Enter the Fat Dragon I'm really excited about. I am hoping it doesn't skimp on the action like Big Brother and offers us some really solid fight scenes. Fingers crossed.

I'm interested to see how Furie turns out. The trailer didn't excite me too much but I know Veronica Ngo can really do good things when she commits.

And who isn't looking forward to Triple Threat right now?

Ohand even though they're technically 2018 releases, Master Z and Shadow are definitely on my list.

Lastly, I know they're not films, but I'm looking forward to Wu AssassinsLondon Gangs and Cinemax's Warrior. 2019 might be a really solid year for martial arts based tv.

I hope no one is looking forward to Steven Seagal's next offering. Whatever that might be. I'm still shocked people on this forum still look forward to Van Damme films.

12 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I'm still shocked people on this forum still look forward to Van Damme films.

Ill pretend I didnt read that @Drunken Monk lol.

I'm interested to see The Bouncer and We Die Young, I cant comment on any of his other current projects?. Call me a sucker, but Ill always show an interest, in what he chooses to make/come up with. It's not easy making films, especially on the independent scene, when budgets tight and conditions lack lustre. He's made plenty of dud's etc, but he's yet to fall into the Steven Seagal approach to filmaking. Wondering around in sunglasses, grumbling a few lines, before wondering off onto the next film set, for his latest cameo.

Ip Man 4. I'm a bit distraught though because I started working on my own custom 6 disc cover art for the 6 films, but it seems that Master Z and Ip Man 4 are already here. I guess I'll have to switch it around then!

1. Crossfire (although highly highly unlikely to be a 2019 release at this point, if it even gets made)

2. Triple Threat 

3. The Invincible Dragon 

4. Ip Man 4

5. Project Extraction 

ShaOW!linDude

The Driver starring Mark Dacascos is in post-production, so hopefully that drops this year. It's a zombie flick, but maybe he'll get to give some of them a boot to the head.

Doesn't really seem like there's a whole slated. Bummer. Not sure what's coming out as far as indie releases go, but hopefully something will crop up that will be good. 

Still waiting for a dvd release of Unlucky Stars.

44 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Still waiting for a dvd release of Unlucky Stars.

I doubt that's going to happen now they've released it for free.

7 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

The Driver starring Mark Dacascos is in post-production, so hopefully that drops this year. It's a zombie flick, but maybe he'll get to give some of them a boot to the head.

Sounds similar to I Am Omega, which also starred Dacascos, only he was a sle survivor in that one, with no family to protect. There's already talk of this being a series of films, if this first is a sucess with audiences.

Are you interested in the Tim Man choreographed Kane Kosugi flick, Maxx?.

ShaOW!linDude
5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I doubt that's going to happen now they've released it for free.

Thought they posted back in the fall that there was a distribution deal being ironed out for a dvd release. 

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Sounds similar to I Am Omega, which also starred Dacascos, only he was a sle survivor in that one, with no family to protect. There's already talk of this being a series of films, if this first i a sucess with audiences.

Are you interested in the Tim Man choreogrpahed Kane Kosugi flicks, Maxx?.

I Am Omega is some cheesy fun.

And I am absolutely looking forward to the Tim Man/Kane Kosugi project...if it ever actually gets made.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:35 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

Thought they posted back in the fall that there was a distribution deal being ironed out for a dvd release. 

I Am Omega is some cheesy fun.

And I am absolutely looking forward to the Tim Man/Kane Kosugi project...if it ever actually gets made.

From what I saw on Kane's, Tim's and Wych's Instagrams, it looks like Maxx did get made. I'm guessing it is now in post.

I'm also looking forward to Ip Man 4, The Invincible Dragon, and believe it or not,  I'm looking forward to Dynasty Warriors, the live-action adaptation of the game series with Roy Chow at the helm.

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

From what I saw on Kane's, Tim's and Wych's Instagrams, it looks like Maxx did get made. I'm guessing it is now in post.

Thats great news.

I'm lso intrigued by this indiependent flick, English Dogs, Byron Gibson is a great actor, and Ron Smoorenberg is among the cast too. It problably won't be anything special, but I hope it proves me wrong.

One title that's picked my interest is The Dragon Unleashed, starring Chase Bloomquist and John Schneider, from the director of Death Kiss.

MV5BNDk4YThlZDctMGQwZS00MzIwLTliMzgtNDFi

Then there's Project X-Traction, starring Jackie Chan, John Cena, and Pilou Asbaek; directed by former stuntman Scott Waugh.

Assassins and the Missing Gold, starring real-life couple Max Zhang and Ada Choi along with Andy On and Xiong Xin-Xin

Assassins-and-the-Missing-Gold-2019-1.jp

Master of the Nine-Dragon Fist: Wong Ching-Ho

Master-of-the-Nine-Dragon-Fist-Wong-Chin

Master of the White Crane Fist: Wong Yan-Lam

Master-of-the-White-Crane-Fist-Wong-Yan-

Unleashed - starring Zheng Ziping, Venus Wong, and Fire Lee; fight choreography by Chris Collins

Unleashed-2019-1.jpg

The Grandmaster of Kung Fu starring Dennis To was released on January 18

The-Grandmaster-of-Kung-Fu-2019-1.jpg

On 2/6/2019 at 9:18 PM, AlbertV said:

One title that's picked my interest is The Dragon Unleashed, starring Chase Bloomquist and John Schneider, from the director of Death Kiss.

Just read up on this one today, thanks for the heads up @AlbertV.

Thought more people would have listed loooong awaited Triple Threat release, as something they were looking forward to this year.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:49 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Lastly, I know they're not films, but I'm looking forward to Wu AssassinsLondon Gangs and Cinemax's Warrior. 2019 might be a really solid year for martial arts based tv.

I hope no one is looking forward to Steven Seagal's next offering. Whatever that might be. I'm still shocked people on this forum still look forward to Van Damme films.

There's a lot of Martial Arts themed, T.V shows on the horizon, maybe I should change the thread title, to include these too?.

Archived