Sister Street Fighter Collection- Arrow

Guest cliffmac

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I din't have time to check the whole thread, sorry.

Are these blu rays all region ones ?

Well there's also going to be a British version. So that will be a region 2/B. (Although it will be slightly censored). 

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Well there's also going to be a British version. So that will be a region 2/B. (Although it will be slightly censored). 

They will most likely both be Region Free (or A+B). There's no reason why Arrow should region code them and hurt their own sales when they have the rights to both regions.

Edited by Takuma
  • Like 5

Yes yes yes....

IMG_9070.jpg

Can I call in sick from my own work desk? Or is it more believable to just go for a 325 minute pee break? 😉

Double chuk wielding flying kick of goodness you created there @KUNG FU BOB 👍

Edited by wigsplitta
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, wigsplitta said:

Yes yes yes....

IMG_9070.jpg

If yours already arrived, mine should arrive soon too... In which country are you ? I ordered mine from zavvi.

• Like 4

• Administrator
1 hour ago, wigsplitta said:

Can I call in sick from my own work desk? Or is it more believable to just go for a 325 minute pee break? 😉

Double chuk wielding flying kick of goodness you created there @KUNG FU BOB 👍

Those both sound like perfect viable options to me. 😋

Thanks man!

27 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

If yours already arrived, mine should arrive soon too... In which country are you ? I ordered mine from zavvi.

@ShawAngela , Mr. Wiggy is located in the UK (where bloody piles of beaten down Asian cinema-hating thugs mysteriously appear on street corners during the night. I'm not pointing fingers, but still...), so you shouldn't have to wait too long before yours gets to you.

• Like 4

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 2/28/2019 at 11:24 AM, whitesnake said:

Arrow Video promo for Sister Street Fighter Collection, at  https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/arrow-videos-the-sister-street-fighter-collection-promo-is-here/

Geez, I got "name-dropped" in a commercial. 😊 Pretty cool.

Sent the link to my parents and they were over the moon about it. 😄

• Like 13

Mine arrived today,only ever seen the first one but I’m still starting with that one then on to the others(or maybe the extras)👍👍👍👍

• Like 4

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I was interviewed by the site Cinema76.com based on my SISTER STREET FIGHTER artwork. Initially my interview was going to be a part of a story about that film series' Blu-ray release, but afterward the author decided to split it into two articles so he could make the focus of the second piece more specifically about me. Big thanks to writer/interviewer Aaron Mannino for his interest in my work and for the very nice piece. Here are links to the two articles:

• Like 13

5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I was interviewed by the site Cinema76.com based on my SISTER STREET FIGHTER artwork. Initially my interview was going to be a part of a story about that film series' Blu-ray release, but afterward the author decided to split it into two articles so he could make the focus of the second piece more specifically about me. Big thanks to writer/interviewer Aaron Mannino for his interest in my work and for the very nice piece. Here are links to the two articles:

Read the interview earlier. All you wanted to know about KFB but was afraid to ask.  Its a really good piece and gives you an excellent overview of Bob's career as an artist. I recommend it highly. Nicely done Bob...

• Like 7

Yeah, as Teako says, it's a must read for all members on here who want to know more about our enigmatic, awesome sensei of sweet, sweet art!

Bob, you are a beautiful person and here's to a long, happy, successful career!

• Like 5

ShaOW!linDude

Both articles are great, but I personally enjoyed the interview. I'm always interested in an artist's process. It was a nice little mini-bio, too. Cool beans!

@KUNG FU BOB, hope this garners you and your work more much deserved attention.

• Like 5

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
13 hours ago, teako170 said:

Read the interview earlier. All you wanted to know about KFB but was afraid to ask.  Its a really good piece and gives you an excellent overview of Bob's career as an artist. I recommend it highly. Nicely done Bob...

Thanks bro! I did mention ALEXANDER FU SHENG: BIOGRAPHY OF THE CHINATOWN KID, hoping to help spread the word about it, but unfortunately it got edited out (along with a few other tidbits, like the part about how I found a pristine print of TIGER BOY, once fought Bruce Lee over a chocolate-chip cookie, and my victory in the Kumite tournament 😁

).

3 hours ago, Karlos said:

Yeah, as Teako says, it's a must read for all members on here who want to know more about our enigmatic, awesome sensei of sweet, sweet art!

Bob, you are a beautiful person and here's to a long, happy, successful career!

Damn man, thanks very much. You know how I feel about you- you're family to me.

2 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Both articles are great, but I personally enjoyed the interview. I'm always interested in an artist's process. It was a nice little mini-bio, too. Cool beans!

@KUNG FU BOB, hope this garners you and your work more much deserved attention.

Much appreciated! Hope it gets some more people picking up your books too.

• Like 6

theThirdMaster

@KUNG FU BOB The slipcover on Sister Street Fighter is really cool!  Etsuko on the cover with the kick is kind of a different texture than the rest of the slipcover.  Just wondering if that was your idea or who comes up with that sort of thing?  Arrow always has these nice finishes on their slips, alternate textures, or spot glossy areas, etc.

• Like 3

What an interesting interview !! Thanks for sharing !

And I repeat what I told you the first time you posted a picture of you in the forum : it seems to me that your face shows a lot of kindness !!

And now that I read the news about your future works, I'm very impatient to know what it is about !!!

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
16 hours ago, theThirdMaster said:

@KUNG FU BOB The slipcover on Sister Street Fighter is really cool!  Etsuko on the cover with the kick is kind of a different texture than the rest of the slipcover.  Just wondering if that was your idea or who comes up with that sort of thing?  Arrow always has these nice finishes on their slips, alternate textures, or spot glossy areas, etc.

Glad you dig it @theThirdMaster. No, that idea wasn't mine- it was all Arrow with that neat little touch.

Because I'm a freelancer as opposed to a staff member I rarely have anything to do with that aspect of the presentation. I just deliver the art, then they do their thing with text graphics, embossing, etc. Though if I have ideas regarding those factors I will share them, and sometimes they do go into play. For instance, when I did the art for THE STREET FIGHTER I wrote an impassioned plea that they use the original US poster's logo font for the the set, and I included it when I sent the finished art so they'd have the option if they wanted it. Shout Factory may very well have planned on using that anyway, even if I hadn't asked. But either way, I'm very happy that they did.

I always create "temp text" as a place holder when planning a piece's composition, and when I send companies the finished job I include an "art only" version, and a second version with my text (sometimes I even add my own taglines for fun, as you can see in the SISTER STREET FIGHTER sketch design). Sometimes they like the text I create and use it, like Code Red did for their JUNGLE HOLOCAUST release (including my tagline too).

It was a surprise when TVP- The Vengeance Pack sent me the finished Limited Edition Blu-ray of BLACK MASK and it had such cool, unique packaging and embossing. 🤓

8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

What an interesting interview !! Thanks for sharing !

And I repeat what I told you the first time you posted a picture of you in the forum : it seems to me that your face shows a lot of kindness !!

And now that I read the news about your future works, I'm very impatient to know what it is about !!!

Thanks @ShawAngela that's nice of you to say. I try my best to be a kind, compassionate person. Certainly I have not always been successful at it though.

The second I'm given the okay from the companies I always let you guys know. Though more often than not, I see the public announcements because someone tags me in them, and I had no idea that they had been revealed.

3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Looking forward to seeing that Jackie Chan super-project @KUNG FU BOB, when it eventually lands in the future.

Me too. It's a complicated, ambitious project I've challenged myself with. Hope I don't screw it up. 🙄😝😋

• Like 3

DragonClaws

I plan to pick up the new Box-Set, next time I visist the localDVD/Blu-Ray store. Never watched the third movie in the series, and when I caught the other two films, they were cut bootleg prints.

Killer Meteor
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Thats a bargain price, I'd pick this up if I didnt already have the Arrow collection.

Well, duuuhhhh!!!!!

• Like 1