Sister Street Fighter Collection- Arrow

Guest cliffmac

• Administrator

"I wish at this time... that we could have a death match!" XD

The only man with the name Milton that manages to still be a bad ass!

post-159-144191883462_thumb.jpg

post-159-144191883486_thumb.jpg

I've went through the first 3 movies so far (saw the first one years ago), I'm trying to decide if these are a homage or spoof(maybe both?) of Bruce Lee movies:xd: if anything thing it looks like they had a lot of fun making these, the duel nunchuck swinging is worth it alone.

I have to admit I'm in love with Sue Shiomi, definitely one of the sexiest women to grace the screen with skill to back it up. Even with a bit of shaky choreo it seems to fit the atmosphere, and does Kurata ever look like he could take your head strait off with those kicks.

I'll get to the 4th one this week, great movies to add to the collection.

I've went through the first 3 movies so far (saw the first one years ago), I'm trying to decide if these are a homage or spoof(maybe both?) of Bruce Lee movies:xd: if anything thing it looks like they had a lot of fun making these, the duel nunchuck swinging is worth it alone.

I have to admit I'm in love with Sue Shiomi, definitely one of the sexiest women to grace the screen with skill to back it up. Even with a bit of shaky choreo it seems to fit the atmosphere, and does Kurata ever look like he could take your head strait off with those kicks.

I'll get to the 4th one this week, great movies to add to the collection.

wasn't she in SHOGUN'S NINJA and SHOGUN'S SAMURAI...?

shes also in Edo dragnet/Untouchables, Shadow Warriors,Legend of the Eight Samurai..etc..etc, bottomline Shihomi rules.

The sister street fighter movies are some of my all time favs,i really like the 2nd one Hanging by a thread.

kungfusamurai

Sue Shiomi is pretty much in everything that Sonny Chiba was in.

I like her even if she doesn't really use Shorinji Kempo in those Sister Street Fighter movies. :)

KFS

The first Sister Street Fighter (and the first three Street Fighter) is public domain and it can be downloaded (including an iPod compatible version 512 kbps mpeg4) from Archive.org here.

Stuntman Jules

She's a beautiful woman, graceful, tough and cute a button. She always lightens the atmosphere of any Sonny Chiba flick and yes, is in most of them from playing the unfortunate younger sister who gets sold into prostitution in Street Fighter to Keno in Legend of the Eight Samurai. The Sister Street Fighter films are alright, not my favorites. Yes, they feel like Japanese Bruce Lee ripoffs, the first Sister Street Fighter even has the island of death and all. Apparently they wanted Angela Mao Ying in those movies initially.

I like Dragon Princess with Etsuko-chan in it much better.

The first Sister Street Fighter (and the first three Street Fighter) is public domain and it can be downloaded (including an iPod compatible version 512 kbps mpeg4) from Archive.org here.

Utter bullshit. Toei owns the rights to all of these films. They are not in the public domain.

I was just watching Dragon Princess this afternoon. I'd almost forgotten how hot Etsuko is in a either a white dogi or a blue leisure suit with overcoat and duffle bag. She definately had it going on.

Utter bullshit. Toei owns the rights to all of these films. They are not in the public domain.

Copyright laws in the US prior to 1978 were a little different than those today. Toei failed to renew the copyright properly (at least in the US) on the first three Street Fighter films and Sister Street Fighter. That's part of the reason why it is so easy to find DVDs of these films but not the Sister Street Fighter sequels or the fourth Street Fighter film. Several decent movies have slipped into the public domain because of oversights such as this (Night of the Living Dead being another).

I was actually referring to Kozure Satsujin Ken, the film that is called Karate Warriors in the US. I'm really not sure how many Sister Street Fighter films there are; sometimes I see four and others five listed in the series.

Copyright laws in the US prior to 1978 were a little different than those today. Toei failed to renew the copyright properly (at least in the US) on the first three Street Fighter films and Sister Street Fighter. That's part of the reason why it is so easy to find DVDs of these films but not the Sister Street Fighter sequels or the fourth Street Fighter film. Several decent movies have slipped into the public domain because of oversights such as this (Night of the Living Dead being another).

All four Sister Street Fighter films were released on DVD in the US by BCI Eclipse/Ronin Entertainment/Adness:

Amazon Link

These were licensed from Toei, so not sure what you are talking about.

All four Sister Street Fighter films were released on DVD in the US by BCI Eclipse/Ronin Entertainment/Adness:

Amazon Link

These were licensed from Toei, so not sure what you are talking about.

Man, I have posted lengthy replies to this TWICE that got lost in cyberspace. So here is a really cut down version of my original post.

The DVDs you linked to are remastered (which technically means the original analog film was shot with digital cameras to create a digital version and hopefully the sound was re-recorded) and Japanese language. They are legally different films than any 1970s dubbed versions released in the US! The dubbed versions of The Street Fighter, Return of the Street Fighter, Street Fighter's Last Revenge and Sister Street Fighter needed to have their copyright protections renewed and this did not happen (the laws have since changed, by the way, making it harder for works to lose their copyright). The fourth Street Fighter film was brought to the US by a different and more diligent company, as Karate Warriors, and did not slip into public domain (to the best of my knowledge).

Only the 1974 dubbed versions of these films became public domain; Toei's original Japanese films were not affected. This means if you or I can get a film print of the dubbed version of Sister Street Fighter, we can make a legal DVD and release it. Toei can't stop us... in fact, because we have created something new we can even copyright our DVD! The film is still public domain, but our DVD version is now protected.

Copyright laws are crazy and complicated, but I have had to learn the basics. I have been a revival exhibitor in the past and now I own a production company who has restored public domain works for clients (old time radio shows). This created new, copyright protected versions of the shows. I even tried to purchase a print of one of Harry Houdini's films to release on DVD but the deal fell through!

Ah, I see. I have Fifth Level Fist in the Sister Street Fighter Collection, I didn't know people thought of it as Street Fighter 4.

Just watched 5th Level Fist the other night, funny how a lot of the Asian movies cross up, at the buzzsaw scene all I could think of was The Delinquent, well that is before it gets between Shihomi's legs:nerd::nerd::nerd:

The movie lacked a Kurata or Chiba but it was still pretty entertaining, I think I could watch 5-6 more of these if they made them!

• Like 1

I loved the first two in the series, but was kind of lukewarm to the last two. #3 was a virtual shot for shot remake of #2 and #4 had a really awkward first half. Of course, anything featuring Shihomi is automatically watchable.