Sister Street Fighter Collection- Arrow

Guest cliffmac

Guest cliffmac

If you don't have the SISTER STREET FIGHTER box set and you are interested in picking it up.....

....and if you have a Fry's Electronics in your area....Run, don't walk to your local store...it's mispriced at $7.99 for the set :eek

Guest kungfusamurai

That is low. I thought I'd try buying another one, but then I see that Frys international shipping to Canada is like $20 US!! If they charged $5-$10 for shipping, then I'd buy it again. Oh well.

KFS

Guest DragonMa55

I got this boxset last year, it's great, BCI did a damn good job with these films. The films themselves are a load of fun, it's cool to see the various forms of Japanese martial arts used throughout. The first one is the craziest, the series seems to get less and less crazy with each film. The dust-up in the ballet hall is great.

Guest kungfusamurai

The second one has a funny blooper that was so glaring, you'd think the director left it in there on purpose just for the laughs: When the surgeon guy in the white lab coat gets his right arm chopped off, you can see his real right arm hanging out from the front of the coat.

Unless he was supposed to be a three-armed bad guy?! :)

KFS

I finally found this boxset at Fry's Electronics monday. I love that they did such a good job with the packaging and booklet! I had only seen the original Sister Street Fighter, and have fallen in love with the sequels.

Guest FiveSwords

Cliff, just wanted to let you know you guys did an awesome job with this box set. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and am planning on picking up the rest of the BCI/Ronin releases to offer my support of your hard work.

Keep up the great work!

Guest cliffmac

Thank you... it's nice to hear someone appreciates it :)

and now for an announcement:

Coming this summer....

DRAGON PRINCESS, THE BODYGUARD and KARATE WARRIORS -new film transfers of the English language versions...

We had hoped to be able to include the original Japanese version as well, but that might not happen....but you'll get new anamorphic widescreen transfers of the English versions.

Cliff

BCI

Guest gfanikf
We had hoped to be able to include the original Japanese version as well, but that might not happen....but you'll get new anamorphic widescreen transfers of the English versions.

Cliff can I ask why, its usually the other way around. Not that I'm upset I love the US dub for the Bodyguard and random tacked on opening :)

Guest cliffmac

We licensed the three films from the companies that own the rights in the U.S.

Toei can't license the films to me as they are already sold to those two U.S. companies.

The U.S. rights holder does not have the original cut and I don't think Toei is going to give me a print. If I could get one, it would cost us quite a bit..... so it's a bit of a problem....but i'm excited about having a good anamorphic copy of the U.S. version at the very least.

C

Guest gfanikf

Thats cool. I understand. I wonder who licensed them?

I can't wait to pick up my SSF tomorrow at BB. I have a 25 gift card and the price seems right. I just wish the Chiba set with GI Samurai was in BB, but they don't appear to be. Any word on when they will apear? I really want to see GI Samurai but not pay for it by itself.

Oh and thank Linn for generating a sale Cliff. He's convinced me that Im going to love these films. :)

Thanks

Guest Jesse Smooth

Cliff...

If you could find it deep in the bottom of your heart, could you find a way to have ROARING FIRE released? Now that would make me really happy.:P

Guest gfanikf

If I can play ask Cliff to I wanted to know:

1. Is the Japanese cut of Bullet Train ever coming out (I'm not in a huge rush to see it, more of a morbid curosity)

2. Why do some BCI Chiba flicks have old school dubs SSF 1, Golgo 13, but not others like GI Samurai? I would have thought Toei or the right company owned the dubs too (after they revert back from the original right holders). I am happy about Bodyguard as that opening is bar none awesome (bible quote) and super scholcky (the dojo guys talking about Chiba)

Thanks a bunch

but not others like GI Samurai?

it might be because GI's original cut is so much longer than the dubbed one. It's something like 20 minutes of extra footage spread throughout.

Guest cliffmac

1. Yes, the Japanese version will come out at some point.

2. We add the dubs when we can find them. They are not always available to us as the companies that released the U.S. version are not in business anymore....or can't find them.

Best Buy did carry the Sonny Chiba Action Pack (including G.I. Samurai) but they pulled it a few months ago.

Cliff

Guest gfanikf

Some bad news. I went to two different BBs and none had SSF. It seems it got pulled (althought I cant confirm it). Oh well I got Zelda for the WII so it equals out :) . All the RS and Spirited Killer DVDs were there so it seems like its not the complete clean out of indies that Don May mentioned (yet). Shame though

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Jeez, i must have scanned 20 pages looking for this post on Sister Street Fighter...

Anywayz.... i went to best buy to buy the box set and they are all out of stock with no sight

of getting more in the future. I suppose i will have to buy it online seeing as how it is one of

the titles i have to check out.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I just watched 'Sister Street Fighter: Hanging by a Thread' ...... boy this was a mixed bag. Dont have any idea what the title "Hanging By A Thread" has to do with this film. I enjoyed the action and the colorfull villians. Lots of different weapons and styles showcased. And of course Kurata was great as usual, though underused. The plot/story was pretty much laughable. Gangsters smuggling diamonds from Hk to Japan. They used female "mules"/hookers to smuggle the diamonds in their friggin butt cheeks :lol !? Koryu is sent to Japan to stop them and get her friend back who was kidnapped and forced to be a mule. Her sister conveniently lives in Japan and happens to be dating the leader of the smuggling ring (small world). The action was fun and plentiful, the story was painfully stupid.

sisterstreetfighter.jpg

One of my favorite moments in the film. Great editing and camera work in this action scene. Koryu slices off this dudes arm and you can clearly see the guys arm under his coat. Also visible is the tube they are pumping fake blood outta. Classic! (sorry bout the crappy screencap, I was in a hurry)

They played the action packed Return of the Sister Street Fighter on Showtime Extreme this month. Despite its 77 minute running time, it was very enjoyable. Etsuko Shihomi plays Koryu, a Japanese-born Hong Kong based karate expert who is sent to Yokohama to find an old friend and learns that her friend has become the mistress of a vicious crime lord. The crime lord hires a group of assassins to kill Koryu, including Masashi Ishibashi (the baddie from Street Fighter) and the man, Yasuaki Kurata. Loved the fight sequences and yeah, Sonny Chiba wasn't around but he wasn't needed. A short but fun sequel with Ms. Shihomi in top form.

bamboo spear

Masashi Ishibashi, the guy just couldn't get a break. Seems like he spent the 70's just getting hammered by Chiba, Shihomi and Sanada!

I finally saw this just the other night and loved it - although, let's face it, it's practically a remake of SSF2!!

Kurata is awesome in it, though!

Bamboo Spear is right - poor old Masashi Ishibashi has nothing to do except stand around looking pimpadelic and waiting to beaten up!!

SlothStyleKungFu
...Despite its 77 minute running time, it was very enjoyable...

I dont get that at all. I mean, I think, if a rule should be made, all exploitation-action films should be 90 mins and under. Breezy, fun, and perfect for double features.

I finally saw this just the other night and loved it - although, let's face it, it's practically a remake of SSF2!!

Kurata is awesome in it, though!

Bamboo Spear is right - poor old Masashi Ishibashi has nothing to do except stand around looking pimpadelic and waiting to beaten up!!

Yeah and I just recently saw Masashi Ishibashi as the main villain in the 35 minute straight to DVD movie Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger: Nei! Nei! Hou! Nou! Hong Kong Decisive Battle. He plays Master Yang, a HK martial artist who kidnaps the Gekirangers along with the Gekirangers' nemeses, Rio and Mele, in order to test their "Jyuken" against his "Mecha-Kung Fu". Of course, with Ishibashi's villain turn, you know how it turns out!!!