Triad Election

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

Has anyone seen this new Johnny To, film its out on DVD now?

Hong Kong triad member Jimmy (Louis Koo) wants to go legit. But authorities ask the reluctant gangster to run for chairman and spend two years helping broker peace between the triad and the government. Now, Jimmy must become the leader of the organization he hates in order to make the life he wants for himself. Johnny To directs this stylish crime drama, which premiered at Cannes and was a hit on the international film festival circuit.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SlothStyleKungFu

Who knows what goes on in US Asian acquiring distributors minds (well I guess Linn sorta' does)?

I could understand if they didn't already release the first film (sort of like dissing a competitor), or in a situation similar to the company that boggled the Three Extremes US releases. But it really doenst make any sense other than fear that casual buyers aren't as likely to pick up a sequel.

Guest oldeschool17

i saw this at my local vid store the other day and was wondering if it was good or not. So what do you guys think?

Guest Beat TG

if you're into crime movies, you might appreciate it. but don't expect a Godfather-like movie cause it's totally different from that movie and its follow-ups.

Archived