Searching for a special kind of good /new films

BlueRain83

Hello guys :)

its been a while but its nice to be here and post  again ! ;)

Im again a bit unhappy about thr qualitly of the new MA films i saw recently.

I can not find that kind of MA movie (even here in the forum with all that content) which i rly like to see and love since my childhood.

So i will try to descripe my beloved movie-kind:

The kind of movies i love are on the one hand ,taking place in the past, maybe ancient time or at least like IP MAN 1900 or 1800 e.g.  and at the other hand just some rly story intense movies, with smaller MA action or shooting e.g. (like Hard to die with Jackie Chan, a rly nice movie).

There should be a rly rly intresting story and not the today's typical nonsens story like for example Boyka: Undisputed 4 or something like that 😕

The biggest disappointments for me in that +kind of film + area were IP MAN 3 and Hidden Tiger Crouching Dragon 2.

Are there any new films which fits in my descriptions since the year 2005/2010 or even newer ? I would be happy if you guys can provide me some hints or something like that.

Sorry that this posting is similiar to my 1. posing here. I do not want to look lazy,  but i rly could not find films for my taste, even with the search-function and im a bit tired of trial and error.

Greetings

BlueRain

P.S: To make it a bit clearer here is a part- list of my all-time-fav-movies: IP MAN 1-2, Hero (like a wonderful painting), Early Jet Li + Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung movies ( Bodyguard of Peking, Once upon a time in china, Police Story e.g.), The Legend of the white Snake ( i rly love MA Films with some romance drama in it too !), Zatoichi (a masterpiece !), Superfighter 3 (Jackie Chan),Drunken Master , Winners and Sinners, Hard to Die, Romeo must Die, The One, Tai Chi, Unleashed, Chocolate, Born 2 Die e.g.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

@BlueRain83, I would suggest that if you haven't already seen any of Tony Jaa's early work you might check out Ong Bak 1, 2 & 3 and The Protector aka Tom Yum Goong.

I nice underrated wu xia-ish film is Shadowless Sword. I'd also recommend The Grandmaster. It's like a combination of Hero and Ip Man.

I don't know the year nor if you are into series too, but maybe the Korean series Damo would fit your taste.

And also the Korean movie Blood rain.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Call of Heroes is one of the best in my opinion. Good underdog story, not much, if any propaganda and a nod to the old school movies of the past.

9 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Call of Heroes is one of the best in my opinion. Good underdog story, not much, if any propaganda and a nod to the old school movies of the past.

I liked this one too. a lot.

Also, if you like big battle scenes, God of War is a good one.

Archived