No Retreat No Surrender in Widscreen?

Guest TheDrunkenRabbit

Guest TheDrunkenRabbit

Is there any Widescreen print out there of No Retreat No Surrender 1&2? I Know their are multiple versions out from various regions but I Haven't seen the specs mentioning "Widscreen" I saw this clip from utube in widescreen, Is it one of these versions that are stretched and was recropped back to wide, or is it a genuine widescreen print?

Check out the clip

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQCdiBDQDfo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

The UK DVD is open matte -shot full frame to be matted to the correct ratio in theatres. It's a different edit to the old video - different music and scenes

Guest Yi Long

I love that movie. Bruce Lee was awesome in that. Cant understand why he went back to Hong Kong afterwards to make shitty movies like Big Boss and Fist of Fury 2...

Guest Markgway

I would imagine, as has been said, it was shot unmatted, designed for a 1.85 presentation.

I think the clip used on The Best of the Martial Arts Films was correctly letterboxed, but you'd have to check.

Guest TheDrunkenRabbit

Thanks for the info. I guess 4:3 is its original state and we don't loose anything with the full screen print. I also liked Bruce Li in this one too and Van Damm was hilarious kicking and hitting everyone at the end.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Actually it was Kim Tai Chung from Tower of Death fame that played Bruce in this flick, not Ho Chung Tao aka Bruce Li. ;)

I actually thought this flick featured Van Damme's best onscreen fighting out of all his films. His kicks looked really sharp in this, Bloodsport comes in a close second.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah I can imagine the fights would have been alot better Mark, especially Van Damme's showdown with Bolo in the finale! 8)

Guest stormybman

No... Kim Tai Chung in the finale against Bolo would have set the movie off! Then, they could team up against Van Damme and Rodman in a sequel entitled, Double Double Team.

:lol

Archived