Hong Kong Kung Fu stunt school (EyeWitness News Video-Report)

DragonClaws

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

I wasnt aware there were two different runtimes for the Red Trouser's Documentary. The English language version runs just 45-minutes. A good fifty minutes shorter than the original language version. Anyone watched both versions, and know what was left out?.

Omni Dragon
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I wasnt aware there were two different runtimes for the Red Trouser's Documentary. The English language version runs just 45-minutes. A good fifty minutes shorter than the original language version. Anyone watched both versions, and know what was left out?.

The shorter version seems like it could be an edit for TV. 

I'm less familiar with the shorter version but here's what I noticed skimming through the video: Unlike the longer version it doesn't look so built around the short movie Lost Time, there's a narrator that wasn't in the longer version and the Wang Hua sequence is near the beginning in the short version, yet it's around the middle in the longer version, plus Wang Hua's interview seems shorter. 

I assume removing a lot of the short movie Lost Time, might be the main reason it's shorter. Maybe some of the interviews are shorter as well. 

IMO removing a lot of Lost Time is probably a good thing. 

DragonClaws
On 4/30/2019 at 9:38 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

The shorter version seems like it could be an edit for TV.  

I'm less familiar with the shorter version but here's what I noticed skimming through the video: Unlike the longer version it doesn't look so built around the short movie Lost Time, there's a narrator that wasn't in the longer version and the Wang Hua sequence is near the beginning in the short version, yet it's around the middle in the longer version, plus Wang Hua's interview seems shorter. 

I assume removing a lot of the short movie Lost Time, might be the main reason it's shorter. Maybe some of the interviews are shorter as well. 

Hi @Silver and Gold Dragon and thanks for your input, I think your right in regards to the runtime differences.

Archived