Avengers: Endgame (2019) - Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth

AlbertV

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trailer didn't give away a lot and I'm not sure if I like it or don't like it. I suppose I'm just not used to it. But we do get our first glimpse of Ronin!

legendarycurry
17 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

New Avengers costumes...

Avengers-Endgame-costumes.jpg

Hulk wearing a costume looks odd to me, I guess Banner got over his performance anxiety becoming the hulk.

legendarycurry
1 hour ago, SamSeed said:

Latest reports suggest this will clock in at three hours.

https://bgr.com/2019/02/06/avengers-endgame-release-date-soon-runtime-interview-three-hours/

I'm in two minds. Obviously I love Avengers and welcome more time to spend with the characters. On the other, that's a buttock numbingly long time!

I hear ya, gonna need a lot of snacks and an intermission for this one.

legendarycurry
On 3/15/2019 at 12:30 PM, AlbertV said:

Whatever it takes... I'm seeing this opening night! Have to! 

I'm gonna try to see it opening night too. It actually premieres on April 24th in Sweden so I'll see it a couple days before the US release :) I promise no spoilers though :D

Not a huge Marvel fan(haven’t seen all the movies)so a lot of this I didn’t quite get,but for me this was a hell of a ride so if you are a Marvel head you are going to love this,and the Cgi is incredible.Full credit to the special effects team when you can watch a movie and not say to yourself “that was cgi”.It all blended seamlessly.👍👍👍👍

Drunken Monk

I didn’t enjoy a number of choices the directors made and didn’t really care for the first half of the movie. But it more than redeems itself in the second half. Flawed but ultimately fun and a great ride.

@Drunken Monk Completely agree, found myself just cringing badly and rolling my eyes for the first half. The end battle was nice and epic though. Felt like it could have just been 2 hours. 

DragonClaws

Avenger's: Endgame (2019) - Not quite up there with the first half, released last year. It's essentially the same thing re-peated again, only with added time travel elements. At three hours I struggled to keep interested. By no means a bad movie, just had that something missing.  I cant quite pin-point what it was, that said it's still a big blockbuster of a film. Maybe it's the fact, many of the characters spend so much time sombre, after the events of the previous installment. You would expect many of the characters to look tired. For Paul Rudd(Ant-Man and Evangline Lily(Wasp), it must have been even more tiring. They were filming Ant-Man & The Wasp, at the same time as this production. Even with a longer runtime, some character's just had to get overlooked or squeezed in. There's lot of sulky arm folding, and up-beat retro music choices we come to expect from these films. As much of a spectacle, the finale is. I feel I was slightly spoiled, by seeing Aqua-Man(2018) epic finale first. The latter which I think was better staged. Hawkeye going all ninja, was a big plus. There should have been more of this kind of thing from his character, in previous films.

Thanos has some  impressive looking cutlery.

MV5BNDIxNDIxOTktZGUyZC00NGNlLWIzNjYtZDlm

OK, 2 questions...

It`s been ages since did read marvel comics but do not recall Dr Strange been a psychic who sees future but seems he had that ability as talked with iron man...has his abilities been changed for movie world?

2nd, why thanos died?

I did not like movie but it was not as bad as feared...

Archived