Jackie Chan: I'm not a fan of 'Rush Hour' films

Guest monk sante

Truthfully, if Jackie Chan wants to find a heir then let the heir come to jackie. Thats how all sifus find their students! Bruce Lee to Ip for example Bruce came to him for guidance, maybe a boy will come to Jackie for guidance.

- GoldenFist

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im a Jackie fan through and through. I enjoy all of his movies, especially old skool stuff like Drunken Master and Young Master. I continue to support Jackie even if most of his recent endeavors were dissapointing. While I would love to see him bring out a Drunken Master 3, I just dont know if he can handle it. In the behind the scenes stuff on Drunken Master 2, it looked like Jackie was having a hard time doing some of the stunts and getting hurt. With that in mind, Im fine with him relaxing a making money on Hollywood films. I feel like he deserves it, but I think he should cut down his acting and go sit in the director chair. He should find a young talented martial artist and take him under his wing. Jackie could be like Alfred Hitchcock and make cameos every now and then like the old days. Imagine the Peking Opera brothers having their own studio, Sammo could do the choreography while Jackie directs.

I just feel like Jackie should take a backseat to a young star in his older days. But I still love him and his films will always be with me.

One last thought: If a Drunken Master 3 happens, it could be Jackie teaching the previously mentioned "Young Star" how to Drunken box officially passing down his legacy.

Yes elder statesmen like Jackie and Sammo in a sifu role could work- Are there martial artists that can (or could be taught to) screen fight to their exacting standards though?

If a good traditional film was made perhaps it would inspire more for example Bolo in a sifu role teaching the not looking style!!!

We were fortunate that the likes of Hwang Jan Lee and Tan Tao Liang worked with the the opera school trained Sammo, Jackie etc to such an effect and produced so many enduring classics!

DeathFuMaster
Truthfully, if Jackie Chan wants to find a heir then let the heir come to jackie. Thats how all sifus find their students! Bruce Lee to Ip for example Bruce came to him for guidance, maybe a boy will come to Jackie for guidance.

- GoldenFist

Honestly though, could you just walk up to Jackie and expect him to train you??? I doubt he would just train someone that found him.

Archived