The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008)

Guest Daisho2004

kingofkungfu2002

And here's Michelle Yeoh on The Late Late Show (hey, that rhymes :D)

R3IusHznr6E

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if they don't screw up the editing, The Fraser-Li duel may actually come out decent, especially when I learned that the fight choreographer is British martial artist Mike Lambert, yes THE Mike Lambert who fought Jet Li in both Black Mask and Unleashed. I think this is his 1st big fight choreography job, but not sure.

I didn't realize that this movie was in 2 different spots on this Board, so I posted it here again.

OK I just got back from seeing this movie today and I did enjoy this movie. Now to me the 2nd. Mummy movie was the Best! This was a different kind of Mummy Movie it was more of a HK based Mummy movie the CGI was Excellent, The Battle scenes reminded me of Warlords with Jet Li. And I thought Jet Li was a very good choice for this movie, he play a really good Villain. The fight between Li & Frazier was OK more so when Jet was Kicking his Ass but when Frazier started to beat his Ass I was like OK but hey its his movie right. Michelle Yeoh was looking sexy as ever and I love to watch her Kick Ass as well. Overall if your a fan of the 1st. & 2nd. movies then your enjoy this one as well.

I think it's best viewed as a curiosity piece. actually, Isabella Leong and Anthony Wong get more screen time than either Li or Yeoh. this should not be viewed as a martial arts film, because it's not one. there are a couple very brief fights, but for the most part the editing is pretty bad. as an adventure movie it was entetaining enough, although Brendan Fraser and the guy playing his son had some moments of really bad acting and dialogue that made it really cheesy at times. I haven't seen any of the other Mummy films, so I enjoyed the premise, and honestly I only went to check it out due to it's large handful of HK actors in the cast. Wu Jing appears very briefly in the beginning, but blink and you'll miss him. the movie definitely wasn't boring though, but it's predictable of course! while it's nice to get 2 Jet Li movies in theater during the same year, The Forbidden Kingdom easily blows this one out of the water!

Thanks for the clips. Haven't seen the movie yet.. I'll probably rent it sometime.

Michelle Yeoh looks great, and I must say Jet Li's english has improved alot! His accent is alot less thick than in other english interviews I've seen.

• Administrator
She speaks English with an English accent.

Michelle studied dancing in the UK which is why she has the lovely accent.

I know im late to watch this film but damn it was crappy, the best part of it was the Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh sword fight which is one of the main reason i wanted to watch it along with the fact that the previous 2 mummy films were great.

I wasnt feeling Rachel Weisz replacement and then seeing Jet Li's ass get kicked so easily by a brawler took the icing on the cake for the crappiness lol

Secret Executioner

Been hesitating to pick this up. I'm still curious about it, so I'll probably get it.

After reading the whole of the thread I'm surprised so many like Danny The Dog. Guess I'm in the minority on this one - I found it really bad TBH.

Archived