The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008)

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

In a strange piece of news it looks as though martial arts star Jet Li is set to play the lead villain in the latest installment of the blockbuster "Mummy" franchise. The announcement was apparently made by director Rob Cohen (who replaces series regular Stephen Sommers), who stated that the action will take place in China, with the son of the previous films' protagonists facing off against Li as 'The Emperor', the head of a gang of Teracotta army mummies. Cohen claimed that Michelle Yeoh would also star, though her agency have since denied that she has signed for the film, which is due to open July 11th, 2008.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

Well I guess if the Mummy is a smash success than Jet Li will be even more marketable than before, since both Mummy films were huge successes.

Guest sevenhooks
Well I guess if the Mummy is a smash success than Jet Li will be even more marketable than before, since both Mummy films were huge successes.

Yeah, those Mummy films certainly did wonders for Brendan Fraser's career!

:rollin

Guest Yi Long

The fastest guy alive is going to be playing a mummy: nice casting, Hollywood(!)

Who dont they just cast Michael Wong? He's already has the wooden acting style.

This all sounds like an extremely crappy idea. And after the shite news about his new kiddie movie with Jackie, this saddens me.

Let's hope Tony Jaa will come up with the goods again, martial arts wise, this year...

Guest limubai2000

Mummy 1 was a great popcorn adventure film, reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Mummy 2 had some good moments, but ultimately far to much CGI for it's own good. A letdown.

Of course I will go see part 3 if Jet is in it but I'm not expecting much out of him martial arts wise in this film.

Guest Chinatown Kid
Mummy 1 was a great popcorn adventure film, reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

:eek Lim how dare ya! Your gonna cause Mr. Spielberg to @#%$ a brick!:P Seriously though, The Mummy was not in the same class as Raiders. Raiders is one of the best movies ever made imo.

Guest Sifu Socky

Mummy 2 was so awful I couldn't sit through it. Jet will lose serious Respect Points in my book if this is actually true. And Rob Cohen is the king of hacks. This just gets worse and worse.

And Danny the Dog was crap, bro! What film were you watching??

Guest limubai2000

I didn't say it was in the same class, that would be blasphemous!!! I said it reminded me of it, big difference!

Sort of like National Treasure reminded me of Raiders. My take on that was some producers and writers sat around some beers, talking and decided "Hey they won't make another Indy, let's make our own!" I think the style of these three films is similar but National and Mummy are nowhere near as great as Raiders, but each is good in it's own right.

Guest Beat TG
And Danny the Dog was crap, bro! What film were you watching??

He's watching movies that users with great taste are watching.;)

Danny The Dog was crap?:rolleyes Watch it again.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I know what ya meant Lim, I was just kidding with you man. ;)

I hear ya Beat TG! :) Sifu Socky if you thought Danny the Dog was a bad film I would like to know why, I thought it was one of Jet's better films with hard hitting action, nice acting and a good story.....

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

The Mummy films are not meant to be taken seriously, as already said they are just fun popcorn movies. It's a fairly big franchise for him to get more exposure, whats wrong with Jet trying his hand at this, it can't be as bad as Dr Wai! Plus the man gotta get paid, nowt wrong with a fat paycheck.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Read that Jet Li is going to be playing an "undead" Chinese emperor in the upcoming movie "The Mummy 3". Ha ha, sounds fun.

Archived