Angel Has Fallen (2019) - Gerard Butler, Morgan Freeman, Jada Pinkett Smith

AlbertV

Lionsgate has announced that Angel Has Fallen, the third film in the “Olympus Has Fallen” action series starring Gerard Butler, will open on August 23rd 2019. Morgan Freeman, Jada Pinkett Smith, Lance Reddick and Piper Perabo co-star. The third film in the series follows Mike Banning (Gerard Butler) as he becomes the target of a terrorist attack, this time while mid-flight on Air Force One.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/quick-news-oath-angel-bixby-will-peaky/

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on Angel Has Fallen - article here - https://www.action-flix.com/action-flix-home-page/angel-has-fallen-gerard-butler-delivers-the-411-on-the-next-installment-of-the-action-franchise 

Plot - "Secret Service agent Mike Banning [is] framed for an assassination attempt on President Allan Trumbull (Morgan Freeman), sending him on the run to prove his innocence."  Angel Has Fallen Trailer #1 -   

Drunken Monk

I haven't seen Olympus Has Fallen in a while but I legitimately enjoyed London Has Fallen (one of my good friends claims it's the worst film he's ever seen). This director doesn't give me much faith (he hasn't exactly worked a lot), but the trailer seemed like your typical action fare. Worth a rental, at least.

Rodolphe Dux

Olympus has fallen is my favorite US action movie of the 2010s, I liked London has Fallen but the end let me down a notch. But an airplane action movie can be cool, kind of passenger 57 nostalgia 😁

So, yeah as will be no surprise to anyone, this is a stinker. Fight scenes shot shaky cam and for the most part in near total darkness, by the numbers plot and stupid character decisions. The only reason to possibly see this is for the interplay between Butler and Nolte, but even that only takes up about ten minutes of screen time.

Archived