Kung Fu Movies on 42nd Street (Article's & Related Content)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Among the usual adult films, is a lone billboard to the far right featuring a certain well known old school Taiwanese Kung Fu flick. Guessing this image was taken in the early 80's?.

https://cdn.viewing.nyc/assets/media/bff6c1ff1bedb6558578d5885f0c3eab/elements/eb9cc3b426c6704eb5bc712777904e2f/xl/ef3a32d2-2c13-418a-abca-0d2dd770cf5b_2x.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Django said:

Are there any more known alt. titles to Fire of the Tiger and Double Dragon? Can't find any info on them

Not that I know of personally, but that doesnt mean they didnt have a.k.a titles.

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 7/8/2021 at 8:58 PM, DragonClaws said:

Not that I know of personally, but that doesnt mean they didnt have a.k.a titles.

No idea which movies they are but this poster survived

Image 1 - FIRE OF THE TIGER -CHEW YIP/SAI-HO-KAI- ORIGINAL AMERICAN ONE SHEET MOVIE POSTER

FIRE OF THE TIGER

RARE ORIGINAL AMERICAN ONE SHEET MOVIE POSTER

Date of release: 1970s

• Like 3

odioustrident
6 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Image 1 - FIRE OF THE TIGER -CHEW YIP/SAI-HO-KAI- ORIGINAL AMERICAN ONE SHEET MOVIE POSTER

Revenge of Lady Fighter. I remember a few people were singing its praises on the old forum. The action has some good moments.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
17 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Thanks @Chu Liu Hsiang.

11 hours ago, odioustrident said:

Revenge of Lady Fighter. I remember a few people were singing its praises on the old forum. The action has some good moments.

Never heard of this one, is the same movie thats listed on the HKMDB as Revenge of Two Exorcists(1975)?.

• Like 2

Superb article about the moment Kung Fu landed in American cinemas in New York's Time's Square.

The exact moment kung fu blew up in America - by Grady Hendrix

: The summer of 1973 was a whirlwind of jump kicks and cash-ins

Link- https://www.polygon.com/22660909/kung-fu-movies-1970s

OnOn a chilly night in March, 1973, the lines outside the State Theater in Times Square wrapped around the block. New York’s brand new country western station WHN had been giving out free tickets and no one did that anymore, so the crowds gathered, not knowing what to expect from this “Martial Arts Masterpiece!” that was “Stunning the Entire World.”

Exactly one year earlier, the State had hosted Henry Kissinger and Ali MacGraw at the star-studded world premiere of The Godfather. Tonight, the crowd jamming the 1100 seats were young, mostly black and Hispanic, predominantly male, and they were cynical — the first few minutes would determine whether they’d get their kicks from watching the movie or mocking the movie. The lights went down, the sleek Warners logo hit the screen, and immediately a gang of young thugs surround an old man on a dark street, mayhem on their minds. Suddenly, the 63-year-old actor leaps into the air and kicks two of the kids in the skull at once before taking the gang apart with his bare hands. No one had ever seen anything like it before. The crowd went wild.

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Recently viewed the 1976 Hollywood crime film Mikey & Nickey. In a few scenes there is a cinema  with a poster advertising Time of The Iron Hand in a triple bill with Triple Irons and a non-Martial Arts flick titled The Laughing Policeman. Is Time of The Iron Hand an A/K/A for Martial Art flick?, as it’s a title I've never read about. There is also a scene where a hitman goes into this cinema and audiences are viewing a Kung Fu movie. For anyone who owns this movie, this scene occurs at around forty nines minute into the movie.

21 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Recently viewed the 1976 Hollywood crime film Mikey & Nickey. In a few scenes there is a cinema  with a poster advertising Time of The Iron Hand in a triple bill with Triple Irons and a non-Martial Arts flick titled The Laughing Policeman. Is Time of The Iron Hand an A/K/A for Martial Art flick?, as it’s a title I've never read about. There is also a scene where a hitman goes into this cinema and audiences are viewing a Kung Fu movie. For anyone who owns this movie, this scene occurs at around forty nines minute into the movie.

I noticed the Triple Irons poster aswell when I watched this one some time ago, and for me it was the highlight of the film 🤣

• Like 1