Shiner (2018) MMA Drama - Kevin Bernhardt, Shannon Staller

DragonClaws

Matt sets out to live his dreams of becoming a world champion fighter. He meets Happy McBride, a washed up has-been, who takes him under his wing and introduces him to the underground world of MMA fighting. Matt fights his way to the top but then finds that love throws a stronger punch when his falls for Happy's daughter Nikki. IMDB Synopsis

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

This does not look appealing to me at all. I'll be giving it a wide berth.

The MMA drama's are now a genre all their own, there's so many of them.

Out of interest, have you watched Warrior, with Tom Hardy ad Nick Nolte?, and if so, what where your thoughts?.

ShaOW!linDude
16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Out of interest, have you watched Warrior, with Tom Hardy ad Nick Nolte?, and if so, what where your thoughts?.

I have not watched that. It just never really appealed to me either. I'd probably sooner watch it than this though.

On 11/24/2018 at 3:01 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

I have not watched that. It just never really appealed to me either. I'd probably sooner watch it than this though.

It was a lot better than I expected, it also seemed to spark a lot of similar movies, not that it was anything highly original. However, it was good to see some good actors, in a film, that would often be relegated to the DTV market.

Warrior was even remade in India as Brothers, which featured the likes of Ron Smoorenburg and Daniel Bernhardt during the MMA tournament scenes.

As for Shiner, as long as the action can complement the emotional scenes, I'm in.

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

As for Shiner, as long as the action can complement the emotional scenes, I'm in.

There's more MMA style action on the way from Hollywood, with the Halle Berry directed film Bruised. In which she stars as Jackie Justice, no further cast members announced at the moment?. Sure they will need to get a big name female fighter, to play her final opponent?.

Archived