Anyone excited about 13 Regiments?

bboyninku

Tsui Hark is planning on directing a new movie named 13 Regiments involving 13 different people each equipped with their own martial art style representing their own regiment. The film is suppose to feature styles such as kendo, judo, kung-fu, wrestling, etc. It has also been billed to be the biggest action film in HK history. Possible line-up includes Donnie Yen, Nicholas Tse, Simon Yam, and a bunch of international stars.

Honestly, after the decent Seven Swords... I'm not too excited about this film. Seven Swords had the potential to become a ground-breaking film with great talents such as Tsui Hark, Donnie Yen, and the legendary Lau Kar Leung involved. Well, hopefully I'll be wrong about this film.

How does everyone else feel?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time Tsui Hark was able to pull something off? He's done.

Something like this woud only work if you got a hot action director and you cut he and his crew loose to fully create wha goes into making 13 different styles work. TH doesn't/wouldn't/won't do that. He created a unique kind of visual action when he was on point. It's not led by the AD, that's why his stuff sticks oot from the others.

Look at how Chor Yuen and Sun Chung let Tong Gaai create weapons and styles unique t him and their films. That's what this and Seven Swords needed. A director to direct the story and a fully free AD to fully develop and create the action. You can't shoot, tkd judo, karate, etc. in the way that TH does. Look at all of the characters and weapons in Seven Swords and you couldn't even see anything. Rule of thumb. The more that's going on in the shot onscreeen, the less you need to do with the camera. You're just creating distraction. He did it in SS and would do it here. Can't say that I'm interested.

Guest Aeksis8742

I agree with you that it will probably come down to the AD on how good this movie really is. I am still excited about this, but won't get too hyped about it until I see some footage and know whose doing the choreography.

Guest Beat TG

Hark's last great movie to me was The Blade. I guess his extremely big ambitious attitude towards his projects tend to not live up to their reps. If this goes down, then I will wait until footage leak out.

Guest will91XingYu

I can't wait for thsi sounds really good. It'll be cool to see Nicolas Tse with Donnie Yen in a film better than Dragon Tiger Gate, i loved the first half of the film,, but the end fight wasn't great in my opinion. Nicolas Tse has got great kicks on him and he does some cool stunts as well. Hopefully Xu Ying will turn up in this one as well.:D

Guest JohnnieFreeze

All too often flicks with an all star cast fall short of the hype...Ill keep my fingers crossed that this isn't one of them. :rolleyes:

Archived