Honest Thief: Kate Walsh, Liam Neeson

DragonClaws

From TheActionElite.Com.

Tom Carter, a bank robber who hid $7 million dollars in stolen loot at a storage facility. Upon falling in love with the facility’s front desk worker, Annie, he resolves to wipe the slate clean and turn himself in until a crooked FBI agent gets involved and complicates an already complex situation.

landscape-1515838530-liam-neeson.jpg

• Like 1

Honest Thief is just your standard by the book thriller, parts of which are kinda hard to be taken seriously. The love angle makes for an interesting twist, but there's nothing here that you haven't seen already, and done better. You get car chases, crashes, falls, explosions, shootouts and some fighting, but I'm afraid by now it's all dangerously leaning towards action of the SCAP variety, as they like to call it on the Roger Ebert site. However, it's a very nice, pleasant and at times funny movie, the kind you'd watch with your favorite bag of snacks when you wanna kick back and relax or just take a break from reviewing everything.

• Like 4

@Super Ninja You summed this up perfectly. Exaclty how I feel about the movie. I'm still hoping to see Neeson return one last time to the Taken franchise. Seems a lot of people have forgotten about how important of an action movie the first one was before John Wick and the likes.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, laagi said:

@Super Ninja You summed this up perfectly. Exaclty how I feel about the movie. I'm still hoping to see Neeson return one last time to the Taken franchise. Seems a lot of people have forgotten about how important of an action movie the first one was before John Wick and the likes.

Thanks @laagi. I wouldn't mind seeing Neeson in another Taken movie, but hopefully with that same Taken energy, that's something that could earn Honest Thief an extra point or two.

• Like 2