Composer Francis Lai Dies

ThunderScore

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, yes, a favourite theme of mine !! And a superb one in my opinion !!  Thanks for sharing it.

I didn't know that it was Francis Lai's work !!

Sad news again !!

Remember hearing this score on an old Fist of Fury promo trialer, featured on the VHS release I had of the picture.

I heard it in several Wang Yu's movies and in several Kong Ban+ Cheung Ching Ching' movies as well.

And I'm now listening to it " on a loop " while I'm working on my computer...

The theme is complete in this clip, while in the movies, there isn't the very beginning of the score, if I remember well...

5 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Oh, yes, a favourite theme of mine !! And a superb one in my opinion !!  Thanks for sharing it.

I didn't know that it was Francis Lai's work !!

Sad news again !!

Yes, thanks for sharing it @ThunderScore. I wasn't aware of its origins either.

3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Remember hearing this score on an old Fist of Fury promo trialer, featured on the VHS release I had of the picture.

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I heard it in several Wang Yu's movies and in several Kong Ban+ Cheung Ching Ching' movies as well.

It's in Drunken Master as well.

Taiwanese/Hong Kong kung fu film from Golden Harvest; music here is lifted entirely from Francis Lai's score for L'AVENTURE C'EST L'AVENTURE.

I checked the link and saw that he had also composed the music for the movie Mayerling and for the tv series Sins with Joan Collins !

All what I knew fo Francis Lai was that he was the composer for the movie " Un homme et une femme " and that's all ! I was far to imagine that he was able to compose such a great music and that he had composed for so many movies !

I  never watched this movie " Un homme qui me plaît  " with Jean-Paul Belmondo and Annie Girardot, but since it's a Claude Lelouch's movie, I guess that it must be a sentimental movie and I wonder how this music fits the movie.

One thing for sure is that this great scores fits all the martial arts movies I heard it in exceptionnally well and that it particularly fits the action scenes.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that it was also in the movie Seven Indignants, unless I'm mistaken, or at least, in a movie with Shan Mao and Lung Fei, if I remember well, but I'm unable to tell which one...

I'm back at home and I'm listening again to it while I'm checking my messages before going to bed !

The same I'm addicted to martial arts movies, David Chiang's movies and series and Adam Cheng's series and songs, the same I'm addicted to this music too  !!!

I need a doctor to cure me from my addictions !! :monk_laughing:

I just watched "Their Private Lives" with Chow Yun Fat a week or so ago which used his "Bilitis" score quite liberally (in fact, I think ALL of the incidental music in that movie was from this):

A well known score in its own right, I'm sure it can be heard in some other HK movie... RIP.

Archived