Jackie Chan as Mr. Miyagi?

Guest Chinatown Kid

Guest Chinatown Kid

Are the rumors I'm hearing true about Jackie playing Mr. Miyagi in a Karate Kid remake? And Will Smith's son(who I think is only 11)will be playing The Karate Kid? I don't know if Jackie is right for this role if it's true, I think Sho Kosugi or Sonny Chiba would be better in the role. Whichever way it goes in the way of casting, it will be interesting to see how this remake turns out......

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course Will Smith pimping his son is laughable... but I don't think Jackie would be so bad in that role. Aren't folks always complaining that he should A) take on more supporting roles and B) start acting his age?

Guest greenfankermit

A much as I love the fella, I just dont see Jackie suiting this role. I think Sammo would be a much better choice.

Guest oldeschool17
Aren't folks always complaining that he should A) take on more supporting roles and B) start acting his age?

I dont think it has anything to do with jackie. How bout the fact there was a time and place for the karate kid franchise? This is definently not the time now or ever again. We should really let dead horses rest in peace. 8o

Guest monk sante
I'd rather see Jackie play Sam Seed in a drunken master movie. That would be fun!

I agree, the hell with karate Kid, bring on Drunken Master 3!

Guest Chinatown Kid

Can you hear Jackie saying dialogue like "Wax on, wax off" and "Man catch fly with chopstick, he can accomplish anything". :P

I wonder who they will get to play the evil instructor of the Cobra Kai Dojo, Chuck Norris? A good chance for Chuck to play against type as a villain. :D

Guest Jesse Smooth

Funny thing is that Chuck was offered to play Cobra Kai sensei in the original. He turned it down because he didn't want to be looked at as a villian.

Guest Jesse Smooth

How about Bryan Genesee as Cobra Kai Sensei? He needs to get his career moving again. I think that would be the role for him to do that.:D

Guest Chinatown Kid

I never knew Chuck was offered the part of John Kreese in the original, interesting....

I would love to see Bryan Genesse make a comeback myself Jesse, sure wish they would release the second season of Street Justice as well! ;)

Funny you mention Seagal Daisho, the guy that played the villian in KK Part 3 kind of reminded me of Steven Seagal before he got fat, the dude had his own ponytail and everything. I have to say Part 3 was aweful and should have never been made.

Guest Daisho2004

I think they shoulda stopped after pt.#1 and the thing that is really funny is that Ralph Macchio was suppose to be about 14 or 15 yrs old and he was liked in his late 20's Hollywood really went for broke with that one.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I agree, the original was a nice little film and they should have left it at that but Hollywood seems to want to milk a formula for all it's worth, just like the Lethal Weapon series, until they run it in the ground. They wanted to keep ole Ralph a perpetual teen as long as they could make money, by the time it got around to part 3 it had become rather absurd. Even after Macchio got tired of it and called it quits, they decided to switch genders and cast Hilary Swank as The Next Karate Kid.....

Guest froffeecoffee

Thank goodness, the remake has been confirmed as a rumor by Will Smith's publicist. But this doesn't mean it's still not going to be remade, I think.

Archived