Walking on Onions <and knives>

gus

Hi.  

I am trying to remember a kung-fu movie.   

I haven't seen it since I was about ten, I would guess.   But I really want to find it again, and see if it's as good as I remember.    

The critical scene is the final battle.  They had to walk across knives (I think climb a knife ladder as well.    With the added element that veggies (onions as I remember it..   Vaugue feeling squash may also have been involved) which would be split by the knives under their weight.  

The scene was pretty cool, so I have high hopes that it may ring a bell with somebody. 

Thank you.  

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
odioustrident

Dragon on Shaolin Tower is one film that has a knife ladder but I think there are others. This is very distinctive so I think someone will be able to help if Shaolin Tower is not your movie.

i think that is the one!   

I haven’t watched it through, and haven’t seen the split onions.   But I fast fwd to the tower and it’s the exact knives from my memory.  Thank you for being so quick.  

On 11/6/2018 at 2:08 PM, odioustrident said:

Dragon on Shaolin Tower is one film that has a knife ladder but I think there are others. This is very distinctive so I think someone will be able to help if Shaolin Tower is not your movie.

19 hours ago, gus said:

I haven’t watched it through, and haven’t seen the split onions.   But I fast fwd to the tower and it’s the exact knives from my memory.  Thank you for being so quick.  

There's no way I could have I-D it that quick, good work, still trying to think of all the films I've seen, where swords were being used as ladder's.

Archived