Real Shaolin Disciple Reacts to Marching Fire Expansion (For Honor)

SMK

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need 100% authenticity in art forms but it's good that he still liked the portrayal of shaolin kung fu in the game.

As for Marching Fire (season 8 of the game), it has it's ups and downs. The perk system can somewhat be confusing for those that were used to scavenging gear and looking at gear stats for combining the appropriate gears when in combat but once you learn it, it's easy and fun to go through. However, some heroes have been nerfed. For example, I'm currently mastering Aramusha and I really liked the fast light attacks when the hero originally came out but the devs have since made the light attacks slow to the point that they can be blocked or parried. I hope the devs take this, among other things, into consideration.

Sick of this game lol. They make so much DLC that causes the game to be broken. They really need to fix Shaman, shes too overpowered. Aramusha is alright. Shugoki is way too overpowered. As for the Shaolin Disciple himself, I dont get the need to make views off of proclaiming who he is. Sorta like how musicians on YT put down in every video ie Drummer reacts to....

Isn't modern Shaolin "kung fu" just Wushu these days, anyway? If that's the case then he doesn't really have much say on the combat side of things. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his videos. I just don't think someone that practices Wushu should be judging techniques on their effectiveness in a fight...video game or otherwise.

Sorry to grave dig here but...

I have started playing For Honor again now that finals are over. I was so hyped to play the Marching Fire expansion... but, it's just another ploy by Ubisoft to get their players to play characters that are biased in skillsets for the exchange of money. I really don't give a **** about this game no more. What a waste of my time. You have the Shaolin Monks that are virtually unbeatable to normal characters, and you have the Tiandi whose attack is EXTREMELY high (and I'm talking Shugoki high). So not only do you have new DLC characters that are perked all the way up, but you still have Shaman on the loose. I don't get it.

Then you have the fanbase. You still get some 12 or 13 year old kids who automatically assume that you're black through their racist messages. I don't know what's more broken at this point... 2k or For Honor. Maybe it's just me. I think I'll sell this game for a good buck and go back to Red Dead.

Archived