Seized (2020): Scott Adkins & Mario Van Peebles- Directed by Isaac Florentine

DragonClaws

4 hours ago, laagi said:

So gents and ladies what would you consider some of the man's best work then? I'm not really familiar with a lot of his movies but from what I've watched so far...

Undisputed franchise - arguably his most memorable character thus far

Ninja: Shadow of a Tear - very entertaining overall

Avengement - Adkins in full rage mode, loved it!

Triple Threat - Jaa Vs Adkins

The Debt Collector films - brilliant comic chemistry with Louis Mandylor and a chance to see some scrappier fights

Eliminators - great DTV actioner

Special Forces - his breakout film

Ip Man 4 - Scott vs Donnie. Enough said!

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning - surprisingly well made sequel

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 2

kingofkungfu2002
2 hours ago, D1 Ma said:

Probably, the worst Adkins movie he ever made.

Definitely, the worst Adkins movie I saw

You haven't seen 'Black Mask 2' and 'Legendary' then? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

You haven't seen 'Black Mask 2' and 'Legendary' then? 

No, I haven't. I think I skipped 3-4 of his movies after reading less than favorable reviews from the fans

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

A former government assassin code-named Nero (SA) is forced out of retirement when his son is kidnapped by Mzamo (MVP), a Mexican cartel head looking to take out his competition and consolidate his hold in the underworld. In order to free his boy, Nero must complete 3 hits, each one more dangerous than the last.

Plot-wise, this one's not rocket science, and we don't really need an extraordinary story line to have Adkins do what he does best, which bring his brand of screen-fighting pain to the bad guys. The film wastes no time getting Nero in the game, so the action comes along with proper pacing. SA and MVP have a fairly nice dynamic, and Peebles' villain Mzamo is a bit different, being altruistic at heart with a desire to use legitimize his ill-gotten gains via the funding of schools and colleges. There's plenty of gun fights with a nice mix of MA. The fights are pretty hard-hitting. Honestly, I've never been a fan of Camacho's choreography, finding most of it to be quite lame. He appears to have brought his "A" game. I felt that the finale didn't quite have the payoff I would have liked. And you don't get anything in the way of Adkins' flashy kicks, though there's plenty of bootwork to be had. I will say this, however. There is one fight scene in a stable where Adkins' hands are bound behind him while he takes on 2 opponents. That is one of the best fights I've ever seen with that type of scenario. Very inventive with fantastic execution. 

• Like 6

This kinda reminded me of a MA movie like Lorenzo Lamas or someone like that would make. I didn't like the shaky cam besides that i didn't mind it that much, story as was said is a typical one, the acting was fine though nothing special there. Wasn't bad like i thought it would be, the action was fine just nothing special. I figure it was better then a few of his movies and damn i want more MA movies. I realize they will keep making these and i am alright with that, verse nothing. Just my 2 cents. Ofcourse i would rather see good ones, but gotta take what you can get i guess.

Edited by slinky#1
  • Like 4