Seized (2020): Scott Adkins & Mario Van Peebles- Directed by Isaac Florentine

DragonClaws

There's only a poster to go on, for the return of the dream team, Director Issac Florentine and actor Scott Adkins, from AFM films.

News from Film Combat Syndicate, Link- http://theactionelite.com/upcoming-action-movie-posters-at-afm/

http://theactionelite.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Seized-movie-teaser-poster-691x1024.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

These posters make me wonder. I'm assuming the film hasn't begun shooting...right? So do they just cobble together some cool looking action imagery and Photoshop it into a poster? Or have they started filming and these are legit stills?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

These posters make me wonder. I'm assuming the film hasn't begun shooting...right? So do they just cobble together some cool looking action imagery and Photoshop it into a poster? Or have they started filming and these are legit stills?

It will just be a mock up poster dude, the same company has one for the up-coming Dolph Lundgren movie Acceleration, which is just Lundgrens face, above a nice looking car.

I think its standard practice, tohave at least one helicoptor on these posters. A topic which @One Armed Boxer and I have discussed in other another thread, maybe the misleading cover's thread?.

The poster art above, make it look like some sort of war-zone set actioner?.

I'm probably the only person waiting for a Close Range 2, and I had hoped the next time Florentines/Adkins got together, would be for Ninja 3. That said, its always great to see them working, wether its a new project or a sequel.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

It will just be a mock up poster dude, the same company has one for the up-coming Dolph Lundgren movie Acceleration, which is just Lundgrans face, above a nice looking car.

I think its stadnard practice, tohave at least one helicoptor on these posters. A topic which @One Armed Boxer and I have discussed in other another thread, aybe the misleading cover's thrad?.

The poster art above, make it look like some sort of warzone set actioner?.

I'm probably the only person waiting for a Close Range 2, and I had hoped the next time Florentines/Adkins got together, would be for Ninja 3. That said, its always great to see them working, wether its a new project or a sequel.

I thought as much. A "concept poster" of sorts. I guess we'll have to see if the final product involves tanks and helicopters. Probably not.

I've always felt Florentine gets the best out of Adkins (okay, maybe not the first Ninja film). Sometimes he goofs by not including as much action as the audience may want (Close Range) but I look forward to their collaborations. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Sometimes he goofs by not including as much action as the audience may want (Close Range) but I look forward to their collaborations. 

True, but I think its better to be left wanting more, than to numbed out to the point, you dont even care about the action. Which I think is an increasining problem, with some movies, that use heavy dose of violence, to cover up other weakness's in the production. Not that I dislike a lot of action, but you can have too much of a good thing sometimes.

Edited by DragonClaws

I'm not sure if Mr Adkins is reffering to another project?, not yet announced?, if this is connected to Seized?.

• Like 1

Veteran actor/action star, Mario Van Peebles, is set to join the cast of siezed, according to CityOnFire.Com.

Will he be on Adkins side?, or will be be the films main foe?.

“a former special forces agent’s son who is kidnapped and buried inside a casket in the desert. If he wants to see his son alive again, then he must complete three missions in under 5.5 hours before his son runs out of oxygen. His missions are to wipe out three dangerous international mobs.” - M.A.A.C Action

Van Peebles, in a scene from Solo(1996).

160683_full.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

For those unfamiliar with James Bennett, he is a supporting player in many action films today (including the nunchaku fighter in Kickboxer: Retaliation), but he was also the lead star of Ireland's 1st martial arts action film, Fatal Deviation.

• Like 4

DragonClaws

WWE superstar Karlee Perez, has joined the cast of Seized.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

BTS still, Scott Adkins with co-star Mattew Garbacz.

MV5BNmQ2NDYzNmYtZTBkYi00Yjg4LThmOGUtZWIy

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Synopsis from the Film Catalogue:

A former special forces agent's son is kidnapped and if he wants to see him alive again, then he must complete three missions in under 5 hours before his son dies. His missions are to wipe out three dangerous drug cartels.

• Like 3

Otto Bismarck

I really hope they let him be former UK special forces. His acting is so much better when he’s not constrained by pretending to be American. 

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer

I got through watching this one last night, and found it underwhelming.  This is up there with 'The Shepherd' as the poorest of the collaborations between Adkins and Florentine.  I gave it the full review treatment over at COF - 

https://cityonfire.com/seized-2020-review-rizk-scott-adkins-dvd-blu-ray-mario-van-peebles-isaac-florentine/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Scott Adkins is without a doubt one of the most talented and hard working Action stars out there. It's really unfortunate that a lot of his recent efforts seem mediocre at best. Of course that is just one opinion. However maybe it's really time for him to take a break. I would hate to see the guy have a burn-out or just be stuck in B-Movie hell for the rest of his life. I'm still hoping he'll get his chance in a bigger production with a wider audience outside of the Martial Arts/Action community. At least this way he could also be more "picky" for his future projects. Here's hoping the best for you Scott!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 5

I'm afraid it's not "just one opinion" . Most of his recent movies are underwhelming. They're not totally bad, but poorly done and most importantly, they lack really great fights. Maybe, Scott is getting too old for those fancy aerial kicks? Maybe choreographers can't come up with something exciting? ( Tim Man's choreo on Accident Man was plain dull).  I dunno. I mean, after Close Range( bad movie, great fights) he only had two great movies - Boyka and Avengement and few somewhat decent fights here and there.

Luckily for his fans he works a lot, making like what, 4-5 movies a year?, so there's always a chance to see a bit of nice movie fighting

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, D1 Ma said:

I'm afraid it's not "just one opinion" . Most of his recent movies are underwhelming. They're not totally bad, but poorly done and most importantly, they lack really great fights. Maybe, Scott is getting too old for those fancy aerial kicks? Maybe choreographers can't come up with something exciting? ( Tim Man's choreo on Accident Man was plain dull).  I dunno. I mean, after Close Range( bad movie, great fights) he only had two great movies - Boyka and Avengement and few somewhat decent fights here and there.

Luckily for his fans he works a lot, making like what, 4-5 movies a year?, so there's always a chance to see a bit of nice movie fighting

I really like The Debt Collector films, he has brilliant chemistry with Louis Mandylor.

• Like 2

So gents and ladies what would you consider some of the man's best work then? I'm not really familiar with a lot of his movies but from what I've watched so far...

Undisputed franchise - arguably his most memorable character thus far

Ninja: Shadow of a Tear - very entertaining overall

Avengement - Adkins in full rage mode, loved it!

Triple Threat - Jaa Vs Adkins

• Like 2