Contour (aka The Agent) (2006)

Guest stuntpeople

ironfistedmonk

I thought the film was pretty good considering it had such a low budget, I watched it again straight after the first viewing with the audio comm on :D

I hope you guys keep at it and come up with some equally as good action in the future.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ordered this for xmas, i like Eric Jacobus and the guys from sp, so i'm looking forward to a really fun film! I also ordered Rigthing Wrongs with Yuen Biao and i cant wait!

My copy arrived last week and it's in and out of my DVD more times than I care to even count.

I agree that while the budget was next to nothing for a movie it doesn't come across that way. The fight scenes are a thing of beauty and some of the best I've seen in a long time.

I look forward to future stunt people movies and hopefully with better budgets so they can finally have the opportunity to have the tools to make an even more polished movie.

I wouldn't say the steak didn't come without a plate or utensils, maybe more along the lines of a steak from a unknown resturant compared to Outback!!

I applaud you guys again for such amazing work with so little to work with. True dedication to martial arts and the movie genre itself. Congratulations, you guys made your own page in martial arts movie history.

Morgoth Bauglir

I just found out Contour will be released on March 25th and it will be sold at stores like Target and Best Buy. How awesome is that?

Last night I watched Contour for the first time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :D Having never seen any of the stunt people shorts I ordered it on a recommendation on one of the threads in this forum. That was money well spent! :D

The action was excellent, the goofy comedy really added to the film making it an instant favourite of mine. OK the acting wasn't too hot & the production values were pretty low but for $5,000 the end product is absolutely amazing!

As for comparisons with Flash Point I too found Contour far more entertaining. I felt Flash Point could have used an extra fight scene or two but was the better all-round film. Regardless I'll bet anything I watch Contour far more times over the coming years.

All of the guys were great in the film but I did feel that Ray Carbonel was really superb. The scene with the baseball bats was excellent and later in the warehouse he was again amazing...

Let's hope someone places a listing on Amazon UK for the stunt peoples other films, so that I and other UK martial-arts fans can get a chance to see them!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE SP MOVIES XD

http://lawstours.com/2012/04/03/contour-gets-a-new-look-as-the-agent/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

agent-wrap.jpg

I'm not sure why or what the point in changing the name is but if it puts the Stunt People out there and gets them making more movies who gives a damn, right?

Is it not possible to add "tags" after-the-fact?

Contour, Stunt People, Eric Jacobus

Drunken Monk

I'm glad it's getting an official DVD release but the name change is a bit silly. The cover art isn't exactly awe-inspiring either.

Anyway, I'll probably pick it up simply because some of the fights are incredible. I wonder if it'll be at a budget price, considering you can get the original release so cheaply these days.

ShaOW!linDude

"The Agent"? Why not "The Tour Guide"?

The new cover looks cool enough, I guess. But the original cover let you know this was something a little more off the wall, something different. Yeah, it looked a little brash but was much more in line with the film. Ah, well. To echo blue_skies' sentiments: As long as it gathers more support and interest for the Stunt People, more power to it.

I don't think his character was an ex- CIA agent but even if he was it was never given any relevance in the movie.:tongue:

shit – i never wanted anyone to know i was in the cia – but there you have it

taken from the link I provided in my original post , presumably from Eric himself.

interestingly looking at the DVD extras listed on the back of the artwork, if that's correct it's missing tons of stuff from the original release! I'd be interested to know if it's a better quality picture as I'm pretty sure you have to fiddle with your TV/DVD settings to make it look correct on the original release.

"The Agent"? Why not "The Tour Guide"?

exactly

The original page for contour on the forums…

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448

Contour (Stunt People Presents)

Starring Eric Jacobus, Andy Leung, Tyler Wang & Dennis Ruel

Directed by: Eric Jacobus

Plot Outline: After blowing a routine heist, anti-social thug-for-hire, Law resume his day job as a shady San Francisco tour guide. Before he knows it, Law and his group of unsuspecting tourists are in a race against time to recover a videocassette tape that will rescue the politically unstable country of Uruvia. p>

I have been a member of the Stunt People message board for about 4 and a half years now, and it is only this week that I have watched their first feature-length movie. Of course I had seen many shorts that Eric and the group had made and posted on their website – they were impressive so I knew what to expect when I ordered the dvd. Most people who are reading this or who are thinking of buying this will be mainly concerned with the action in this one, they won’t be buying Contour for a an in-depth epic masterpiece movie, because it certainly isn’t that – however the martial arts in this movie is of high quality, and I don’t say that lightly. The music is very impressive I have to say, and the main theme which is played at the credits is incredibly good and I love it. In fact I’ve rewinded my disc just to listen to that tune again – it’s great! My only gripe with the music is some of it played during the fight scenes isn’t ideal, but I try not to be too fussy. There is a lot of action in this one, so grabbing screen shots for this one took a while, and to write this review takes a while, but I think it is worth it. The fighting is very fast, which is good, and the choreography flows well and it’s varied well. Some of the camerawork isn’t to my liking, especially when the fighters move about a lot, the camera tends to follow them round and it occasionally misses out stuff but I shouldn’t complain about this since I like Legend of the Wolf. Some of the falls and flips in this one are absolutely fantastic and each one of them deserves a lot of credit for this, but I’ll specifically talk about the action as I go through the movie.

I feel I have to write something about the movie as a whole. Honestly speaking, I didn’t really enjoy it. There were 3 very funny moments though, all involving Jacobus, as he is the best-written character in the whole movie. Recent Stunt People member, Tyler Wang is an excellent addition to the movie and much needed, she is attractive, sexy and very believable. The best thing about this movie, action excluded, is the relationship between Jacobus and Wang, it is funny and interesting. The main villain Dennis Ruel is an okay villain, but nothing new is offered with his performance, and his sidekick, Ray Carbonel is just what you’d expect really. The worst thing about this movie is Ed Kahana’s character – what can I say, I hate him. I think he is supposed to be annoying, but he really is too annoying, and his squeaky voice goes right through your head. His bodyguard Andy Leung is okay, probably because he doesn’t speak in English – but at least he can fight well, and I mean he can fight well.

Like a lot of Hong Kong movies, I found it quite difficult to understand some parts. The simple Jacobus tour guide stuff was simple enough, but the extra stuff involving Ed Kahana is sometimes over-the-top and silly. For their next project, I hope they make a more straight-forward movie with less annoying characters, but since all these guys are not professional actors they did a remarkable job, and lets face it, it isn’t really the story we’re concerned about – it’s the action.

I am writing this review in a similar style to how Eric Jacobus used to write, so it is fitting to write this review of his movie, in the style he made so famous. The movie starts well, just like most Hong Kong movies, an action scene, and a typical one at that. Jacobus comes in, beats up a guard and steals his robbers mask. After some plot involving a bag (which is a big deal in this movie) the fight starts. Jacobs starts off fighting two men, and the camera is up high for the opening shots, which is a great way to start off a fight, as you see everything and it looks cool. Lightening speed choreography and nothing too fancy here, just basic hand techniques and quick kicks. A few of the men literally fly at Jacobus, but after a few exchanges, they’re knocked down again. Jacobus takes care of the guards and then has a short fight with Ray Carbonel who looks okay but if I’m honest, not as flexible or good as Eric. Overall though, it’s a great start to the movie, and it’s a good taste of what’s to come.

The next proper fight in the movie comes ten minutes after a very impressive opening credits scene. This fight, which takes place in a gym is my personal favourite and it really is high quality stuff. Eric Jacobus against the one who taught him Tae Kwon Do I think, Andy Leung. These two are the best fighters in the movie and this is the only time the two fight each other so it’s special. This is an acrobatic fight featuring a lot of falls, and the choreography is excellent and I had no problems with the camerawork here either. Both men look just as good as the other and there are some unbelievable jump kicks performed and some excellent falls where they twirl their bodies round several times, which is obviously gym practised. Also, I noticed a few trademark Jacobus back flips in their too, which was nice. It goes on for a good 2 or 3 minutes and it ends with both men kicking each other at the same time, which is exactly what Jackie Chan and Benny Urquidez do to each other in the finale of Wheels on Meals. After I watched it I was left feeling completely satisfied with the fight. ’

The next fight isn’t so good but still has its moments. Dennis Ruel and his mate, Ray Carbonel take on a large group of men armed with baseball bats, and this scene is long, lasting almost 5 minutes. Some nice weaponry work with the bats and Carbonel is skilled with the bat, and some of the choreography is nice and the fight flows well. Ruel then gets involved and performs the best move of the entire movie, a triple jump kick, where he kicks 3 guys in one move – a move very similar to Casanova’s jump kick towards the end of Master Strikes. The fight continues with some more weaponry work and Ruel makes this fight better by throwing in some very impressive kicks.

The next fight is quite short. Ed Kahana who has been acting like an 8 year old throughout the movie, has some weird nightmare vision and he has two fights. The first fight is a kickboxing match with some guy which takes place at night, so its difficult to see. Mainly simple kickboxing here, no shapes here, but it’s a minute of kicks, which is nice, and Jacobus gets the choreography right for the fight.

The next short fight takes place immediately after this and it’s daylight and up on the roof. I have to admit it is nice to see some fights outdoors, most of the fights in this movie are shot inside and personally speaking I prefer a fight to be outdoors, or at least getting a balance. But the quality of the fights make up for this, and here Kahana fights a guy dressed in white with a mask similar to the Dragon From Russia, I think it might be Jacobus in white, moves like him. This fight is great, and the guy in white unleashes some mighty kicks and attacks Kahana most of the time, until the end where Kahana somehow gets the upper hand???

We then come to the big end fight, and when I say big, I mean big. This fight altogether lasts around 20 minutes and everyone gets involved, so I’ll just go through it bit by bit. Firstly, Andy Leung fights Ray Carbonel, and this is good – you just know anything with Andy Leung will be good and both Jacobus and him should hit it big time. Anyway, Carbonel is okay here and there is some very nice handwork in here, a refreshing introduction. The speed of the fight is incredible and Leung just looks so composed and relaxed during it, like he’d been making martial arts movies for over 20 years. This fight is great, however the second half of it, for me, gets ruined when Vlad Rimburg comes in dressed in drag. Now I have nothing personally against Vlad, but he hasn’t got the ideal build and he isn’t as flexible as some, so combine this with heels, a wig and a silly skirt, you can understand my frustration. It just annoyed me as the Leung vs. Carbonel showpiece was so good. Another annoyance is Vlad’s acting, it isn’t good and the music played for that part of the fight is poor also. While this is going on, Tyler Wang has a fight against a few men, which is quite decent. I really liked her character and it’s good to see a woman in the role. She fights well and is quite acrobatic and she nails her opponents. A shoot-out follows this, but nothing too special. The Ed Kahana fight is long and is about 5 minutes long. He fights a load of men, and some of it is good and some of it is mediocre. First of all he fights a few men, and he seems to have the ability to attack more than one guy at the same time, with kicking and punching different guys at the same time. He is very flexible and his jump kicks are good. Although Ed is good and very talented, he has a weird style and the way he fights with his hands is strange and he’s not really punching his opponents, he’s kind of using his palms and I can’t really explain it. Anyway, the sticks come out and it’s a weaponry fight which is nice while it lasts, very impressive choreography and Kahana can work the stick well. He then gets a chain out, and is impressive with that too and attacks his opponents with that. The cream of the end fight is the phenomenal fight between Jacobus and Ruel, this is as good as the earlier duel between Eric and Andy Leung. The fight reminds me of Jackie’s fight in Dragons Forever against Benny, simple but excellent choreography shot at a super speed. Both men are very talented martial artists and both show off their skills in this fight. Ruel attacks Jacobus with some fast hands and some successive kicking. Jacobus hold his own and looks at ease of what he is doing. After some nice fighting, Dennis floors Eric and then both men take off some clothing and the fight gets real nasty. Both men go crazy at each other and then Eric, with his tie, ties it up with Dennis’ tie, which is a nice idea but personally I’d prefer if they’d finished it with straight kickboxing. Overall, a very exhausting and exhilarating finale which is 90% quality martial arts action and all men deserve credit.

There is a comedic fight at the end involving everyone fighting everyone, but I didn’t care for it hence why I haven’t grabbed any pictures. There are some outtakes at the end too which are quite funny and they save the best until last when Eric, when throwing someone into the swimming pool falls in himself – now that is hilarious! In conclusion then, Contour is a masterpiece in terms of on-screen martial arts fighting and it ranks up there with Sammo’s pieces of the 80’s and I don’t say that lightly. I didn’t particularly enjoy the movie as a whole, but I liked Jacobus and Wang’s characters and there was some funny scenes despite a lot of bad ones. The action is spread out well, consistent, well choreographed and the majority of these Stunt People members are incredible and I hope some of them make it big – especially Jacobus and Leung.

5/5 – Forget the flaws here, just watch it for the quality martial arts on display.

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/kung...w_contour.html

Graeme Noble

www.kungfuhall.tk

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4144

As for comparisons with Flash Point I too found Contour far more entertaining. I felt Flash Point could have used an extra fight scene or two but was the better all-round film. Regardless I'll bet anything I watch Contour far more times over the coming years.

Well it's three years later and I've seen contour at least another twice. Still haven't felt the urge to rewatch Flash Point:tongue:

stuntpeople

Hey guys, the story is this: Our distributor Indican decided to do a re-release after Contour wasn't doing so well internationally. Guess the cover was too off-the-wall, so now we've got a pretty standard looking action film cover, which should sell better. As usual with these things I have no real say in these decisions since it's Indican's money at stake (I already made all my money back!), but I'm looking forward to all the hate mail surrounding the "CIA" thing, and probably a lot of folks wondering why the Golden Gate Bridge doesn't actually blow up in the film the way it does on the cover. Plus who's the guy with no shirt? I have no idea.

You might notice the "87 minutes" thing on the back of the cover. I doubt that's accurate. I got a screener copy of The Agent just yesterday and it was still an hour 40, so unless it gets cut between now and May 15 (the street release date), the official release should be the same cut as the original. Only difference is the film is now color corrected (looks good, I guess, though I don't have the eye to tell whether color looks "good" or not) but the special features appear to be gone.

So, I've asked the distributors if it's okay to release the special features publicly for free, and they said "Go for it!" In the next few weeks I'll put the Contour making-of online, as well as basically everything else in an effort to push sales. Might get a dozen or so out of it :D

And the original Indican (second edition) DVD is still always available at our online store here. Other than missing the commentary, which is only on the original "black-and-blue" version, this one is a complete package. Thanks everyone! :D

Drunken Monk

So, I've asked the distributors if it's okay to release the special features publicly for free, and they said "Go for it!" In the next few weeks I'll put the Contour making-of online, as well as basically everything else in an effort to push sales. Might get a dozen or so out of it :D

That's a really fantastic choice. It's great to see filmmakers actually being considerate of fans and giving them what they want.

Let me be the first (on the site) to thank you.

ShaOW!linDude

Here's my own review of this film posted on April 3, 2011. (Wow, that's, like, a year ago.)

CONTOUR (2006) Running time: 100 mins.

Stars: Eric Jacobus, Andy Leung, Ed Kahana Jr., Tyler Wang, Dennis Ruel, Ray Carbonel, Stephen Reedy, Vlad Rimburg, Jesse Traugott, Todd Roy, Troy Carbonel

Choreography: Eric Jacobus

Additional Chor.: Dennis Ruel, Ray Carbonel, Ed Kahana Jr.

Writ., Prod., and Dir.: Eric Jacobus

I'm not even going to address the plot or acting because they are only instrumental in getting you to the next fight sequence which is what this film is all about.

Warehouse Fight #1 (opening fight) is with EJ taking on 5 guys including RC and DR. It's full tilt boogie right off the bat! (The needle is properly seated into the vein. Get ready to push the plunger and feel the rush.)

The next is in a dojo between EJ and AL. This is absolutely beautiful. Lots of aerial moves and very hard hitting. Some of these blows look like they hurt and the falls are hard slams to the floor. (EJ gets "knocked backwards" while in a forward flip. His head barely misses the floor. Could've been a very serious neck injury for sure.)

Next is a fight in an open office. This allows DR and RC to really show their stuff. There is great escrima fighting with baseball bats which is RC's forte and one of his combatants is his brother, Troy. It's pretty wild. DR performs some of the best kicks I've seen including the best aerial triple kick to 3 opponents ever committed to film and, later on, a roundhouse kick which flows into 2 tornado kicks that is sweet!

Next is a couple of sequences where EK Jr. fights a guy in a bunny mask which then segues into a rooftop fight against EJ wearing a white lab coat and white mask. It's mainly comical but there is some really nice shapes used.

Warehouse Fight #2 is the finale.

Where do I even begin? The fights are unbelievable! Everyone gets to showcase their talent. The choreography is very intricate and very fast. This is not standard fight choreography. This is truly in the standard of 80's HK Cinema action.

EK Jr. fights various thugs and TC. There are some improvised weapons used and it's pretty inventive.

AL fights RC (and VR dressed in drag). This is full of great hits and RC even boxes VR's ears with a double kick reminiscent of one of Billy Blanks' moves in "King of the Kickboxers".

EJ fights DR. These guys just hammer one another. I bet DR uses his feet 3x's as much as he does his hands. This guy is a phenomenal kicker.

This movie is corny but, man, is it fun! There's a few moments that will make you laugh out loud. (My fave is one involving EJ about to give CPR to a guy.)

There's extras on the dvd including a blooper reel and outtakes. You'll love that!

There's also an instructional video for a made up style called Tae Pho with Stephen Reedy playing Master Tuoc. It plays out what to do in various fight scenarios. Master Tuoc is a spazz!

This is the Stunt People at their best. They're having fun and it's a blast to watch. They pull double duty as characters kicking butt and as the masked thugs getting their butts kicked. I love watching EJ fight and he's very gracious in spotlighting the other players. I've yet to see their other films but as this is the 3rd time I've watched this, I'm jonesing for it now. Why aren't these guys getting proper work? You know what? Squelch that! A studio would freak over insurance issues and everything would get toned down. Wrong answer!

These can be found on dvd easily and they're not expensive. Get 'em, get 'em, get 'em!!!!

Love this film! Can't believe that Indican would drop any of the extras. Seems like all the work's been done. If they tuned up the color, that's cool as it seemed sort of muted.

But the new cover? Who was the brainiac who designed the new one? Come on! At least keep it in context with the movie rather than just creating some sort of action scenario. Good grief! That's essentially false advertizing. What's going to happen when someone unfamiliar with the Stunt People buys this, watches it, and nothing on the cover transpires in the movie? They'll pan it online, folks will read it, and no one else will bother with it. And that's a shame.

I mean, how many times have we all purchased a dvd based partly on the synopsis and cover, watched it, and went, "Hey, what the...? Where's so and so; such and such didn't happen either! Gyp! I've been gypped!"

I reckon it's too late to get Indican to reconsider and design a new "new" cover, huh? If it's their money at stake, I'd think they'd want to do the proper thing to preserve it as best they could.

Sorry, I don't mean to be disheartening. As a consumer, I don't like to get fooled. I knew what this movie was like when I got it and I loved it. I always hope for the best for the Stunt People. Maybe some good will come from this. You guys certainly deserve it.

Hey guys, the story is this: Our distributor Indican decided to do a re-release after Contour wasn't doing so well internationally. Guess the cover was too off-the-wall, so now we've got a pretty standard looking action film cover, which should sell better. As usual with these things I have no real say in these decisions since it's Indican's money at stake (I already made all my money back!), but I'm looking forward to all the hate mail surrounding the "CIA" thing, and probably a lot of folks wondering why the Golden Gate Bridge doesn't actually blow up in the film the way it does on the cover. Plus who's the guy with no shirt? I have no idea.

You might notice the "87 minutes" thing on the back of the cover. I doubt that's accurate. I got a screener copy of The Agent just yesterday and it was still an hour 40, so unless it gets cut between now and May 15 (the street release date), the official release should be the same cut as the original. Only difference is the film is now color corrected (looks good, I guess, though I don't have the eye to tell whether color looks "good" or not) but the special features appear to be gone.

And the original Indican (second edition) DVD is still always available at our online store here. Other than missing the commentary, which is only on the original "black-and-blue" version, this one is a complete package. Thanks everyone! :D

Eric, I would suspect the movie is not doing well internationally because it's not available… Or at least it wasn't available in the UK. As long as this movie gets the opportunity to be seen by more people, I think that's the most important thing, regardless of deceiving artwork. Really the best thing that could happen to the movie is being picked up by international TV channels where the casual action fan could accidentally tune in.

SD, I understand what you're saying about being fooled by deceptive artwork but at least Contour really delivers in the action stakes, which so many Hong Kong martial arts movies fail to do these days. It is after all really an action movie, martial arts action, advertised as an action movie and arguably more honest than a lot of movies

ShaOW!linDude
Eric, I would suspect the movie is not doing well internationally because it's not available… Or at least it wasn't available in the UK. As long as this movie gets the opportunity to be seen by more people, I think that's the most important thing, regardless of deceiving artwork. Really the best thing that could happen to the movie is being picked up by international TV channels where the casual action fan could accidentally tune in.

SD, I understand what you're saying about being fooled by deceptive artwork but at least Contour really delivers in the action stakes, which so many Hong Kong martial arts movies fail to do these days. It is after all really an action movie, martial arts action, advertised as an action movie and arguably more honest than a lot of movies

Well, the great thing about the dvd, if I recall correctly, is that it's region free and affordable through the Stunt People's website.

And you're absolutely right. This movie exceeds any expectations warranted by the cover (new or old). But as EJ points out himself, I don't recall there ever being any mention of the CIA in the film or anybody fighting half-naked, much less the Golden Gate Bridge blowing up.

I'm just one those "if it ain't broke; don't fix it" guys.:tongue:

stuntpeople

Showlin: I hate false advertising too, but the cover isn't entirely misleading. Aside from one whoever-guy at the bottom (he's someone doing a kick, and there's a lot of nobodies doing kicks in Contour), the China background, explosions, and the CIA mention, there's nothing else too misleading about the cover. Hell all the faces are accurate, they even kept the exact same credit block. I think people will still grab this, expect a hardcore action film (with a bunch of no-names), and get just that, just with fewer explosions.

blue_skies: Great point you bring up.

Eric, I would suspect the movie is not doing well internationally because it's not available… Or at least it wasn't available in the UK. As long as this movie gets the opportunity to be seen by more people, I think that's the most important thing, regardless of deceiving artwork.

Here's what I've learned in my short career in doing this. See, I can't get Contour or The Agent into the UK or any non-American territory unless I

a) deliver it there myself, get a sales permit, and sell it directly (I doubt I'll recoup travel costs this way, better to just keep selling it off my website, which isn't exactly making me rich)

B) convince a small retailer there to sell it (I can't expect anyone to actually buy it, so I'll expect a lot of returns!)

c) sell it to a distributor, who will advertise it and sell it to retailers more aggressively to recoup their expenses.

The only real viable option is ©. But in order to do ©, since we don't have any celebrities in Contour, we need something that basically smacks of "average" or "mainstream". The distributors around the world simply weren't interested in the indie-martial-arts-action-comedy until Indican did this and basically made it look like an action-thriller. They did the right thing. Otherwise it would just collect dust.

Now to wait for the hate mail. I'll post some of it here :D

ShaOW!linDude

I get what you're saying. Like I said, it would be nice if it had a scene in context with the actual film. Shoot, they could've even photo-shopped that. (Gasp!:crossedlips: I can't believe I suggested that.) Ah well. It's no biggie, I got mine already.:nerd: The main thing is I hope it pans out for you guys and more copies of it sell so as to gain you more notice.

Well, the great thing about the dvd, if I recall correctly, is that it's region free and affordable through the Stunt People's website.

but therein lies the problem and how many martial arts fans have never even heard of the Stunt People, let alone know about their website and the DVDs available. I mean if it wasn't for this place I would be blissfully ignorant of their existence. Their DVDs really need to be more accessible.

blue_skies: Great point you bring up.

Here's what I've learned in my short career in doing this. See, I can't get Contour or The Agent into the UK or any non-American territory unless I

a) deliver it there myself, get a sales permit, and sell it directly (I doubt I'll recoup travel costs this way, better to just keep selling it off my website, which isn't exactly making me rich)

B) convince a small retailer there to sell it (I can't expect anyone to actually buy it, so I'll expect a lot of returns!)

c) sell it to a distributor, who will advertise it and sell it to retailers more aggressively to recoup their expenses.

The only real viable option is ©. But in order to do ©, since we don't have any celebrities in Contour, we need something that basically smacks of "average" or "mainstream". The distributors around the world simply weren't interested in the indie-martial-arts-action-comedy until Indican did this and basically made it look like an action-thriller. They did the right thing. Otherwise it would just collect dust.

Now to wait for the hate mail. I'll post some of it here :D

You also have an option d) which would be getting all the Stunt People DVDs on places like eBay, Amazon.com , Amazon.co.uk, & Play.com where you could list the DVDs yourself, making the films more easily accessible where fans could easily stumble across them while searching for similar martial arts/action DVDs. I know at the time when I first wanted to see your films I didn't have a credit card so was limited to UK websites. other fans could be experiencing similar problems? Equally being unaware of a product whatsoever they wouldn't even know to look for it.

I mean if it wasn't for this place I would be blissfully ignorant of their existence. Their DVDs really need to be more accessible.

And wasn't it you that introduced me to them blue_skies? :) If it wasn't you, it was someone on here. KFC is so important in raising awareness about films like this that don't get a lot of exposure.

You also have an option d) which would be getting all the Stunt People DVDs on places like eBay, Amazon.com , Amazon.co.uk, & Play.com where you could list the DVDs yourself, making the films more easily accessible where fans could easily stumble across them while searching for similar martial arts/action DVDs.

Don't forget itunes. Lots of people download or rent films from here.

And wasn't it you that introduced me to them blue_skies? :) If it wasn't you, it was someone on here. KFC is so important in raising awareness about films like this that don't get a lot of exposure.

I believe I was the one who introduced you to them. :bigsmile: Absolutely this forum is my number one resource and you can always guarantee that there's someone who's seen a particular film or can recommend something you've never heard of before .:xd:

You know I was just thinking maybe the forum could use a little promotion? With more people visiting, more recommendations could get out there!

Don't forget itunes. Lots of people download or rent films from here

yeah? I honestly never thought of that. I may have to do take a look myself see what Shaw Bros movies the UK version has… Wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any:squigglemouth:

edit: maybe someone in the UK can correct me but from a casual search there doesn't seem to be a way to search what movies they have. They seem to have access to Netflix, which has an extremely limited playlist in the UK. Seems a bit **** to me that they don't appear to let you browse the catalogue of movies.

stuntpeople
That's a really fantastic choice. It's great to see filmmakers actually being considerate of fans and giving them what they want.

Let me be the first (on the site) to thank you.

Here's the full making-of featurette:

mqEIU741MDg

Archived