need SISTER STREETFIGHTER info

Guest monwobobbo

Guest monwobobbo

been having a debate on another forum about this film. as far as i know it is really not part of the streetfighter series. i need some confirmation on this and to know what the name of the series it is really part of. thanx

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest magic8

Oh, yeah, Sister Streetfighter is definitely part of the series. Sonny Chiba is also in this flick as well. Sister Streetfighter Shihomi Etsuko kicks serious butt! :eek

Guest monwobobbo

sonny is in almost all of sue shiomi's films. the title is american, made up by the distributor to cash in on the title.

Guest kungfusamurai

Sonny Chiba's character in Sister Streetfighter is not Terry Tsurugi, which is the name of his character in the Streetfighter films. 'Streetfighter' is just the American name for the films because they were released around the same time, I suppose. And yeah, the name Sister SF name was also to cash in on the other series. There are three Sister Streetfighter films, which I believe are related to each other.

KFS

Guest kungfusamurai

Is the fourth one entitled "Onna hissatsu godan ken"? I got that from the IMDB. That site only listed up to SSF3 as alternate titles, but I see that the above title has the 'onna hissatsu' wording in it, like the other SSF films.

KFS

Guest Dion Brother

Believe the titles are similar even in Japan. THE STREETFIGHTER is the "KILLING FIST" series, and Shiomi's is "FEMALE KILLING FIST" even though the series is not related in terms of stroyline or characters.

Guest Chinese Sausage

I'm relatively new to Sonny Chiba's films. I loved the Streetfighter series and I'm planning on buying Brentwood's 10 movie set. I also liked Killing Machine.8)

Archived