The Mercenary: Dominique Vandenberg, Alina Andrie, Louis Mandylor (2018)

DragonClaws

Thanks to @Mike Leeder for the head's up on this production, directed by Jesse V.Johnson.

Maxx is a legionnaire turned mercenary. When a mission in South America goes wrong Maxx is left for dead, but he is nursed back to health and reborn with a new outlook on life. He tries to live tranquilly within the confines of his new beliefs surrounded by his new friends at a church. But his peaceful days are short-lived when mercenaries he used to work with cross his path again and he is forced to revisit and face his own demons. His brutal past, war and violence have come looking for him again. His path to redemption is interrupted and Maxx becomes an avenging warrior using the skills that were his trade.  - Evolutionary Film synopsis

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

"UK-based Evolutionary Films is reporting strong interest in its completed action title Legion Maxx at this week's European Market in Berlin.  Deals have been completed for Japan (New Select), South Korea (All Star Entertainment), Poland (TV PULS) and New Zealand (Sky).  Evolutionary will handle the UK release in house and is speaking to US partners."  The Berlin European Film Market runs February 7 - 15.    From https://www.screendaily.com/news/action-film-legion-maxx-scores-deals-for-evolutionary-exclusive/5136863.article

• Like 3

Just sat through the trailer, this looks's a very promising indiependent actioner. Looks more fun that a lot of the big budget fair coming out of Hollywood. Looking forward to seeing Mr Vandenberg in his first starring role?, and seeing more of Louis Mandylor as the protagonist. He's also got a role in the up-coming Ruby Rose, Jean Reno flick Doorman.

"Your not having second thoughts are ya mate?"- LeClerc

• Like 1

Going to DVD and Digital on January 7, 2020 by Uncork'd Entertainment. They are a decent indie distributor, I think they started with horror films but now do all genres. They distributed Death Kiss, starring Robert Bronzi.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, DragonClaws said:

Just sat through the trailer, this looks's a very promising indiependent actioner. Looks more fun that a lot of the big budget fair coming out of Hollywood. Looking forward to seeing Mr Vandenberg in his first starring role?, and seeing more of Louis Mandylor as the protagonist. He's also got a role in the up-coming Ruby Rose, Jean Reno flick Doorman.

"Your not having second thoughts are ya mate?"- LeClerc

Vandenberg's first starring role was in another Jesse V. Johnson film, 2005's Pit Fighter. The film had Scott Adkins in a non-action role as a cowboy named Nathan. Saw it years ago and thinking about eventually re-visiting it. I will be talking with Dominiquie Vandenberg this afternoon about The Mercenary and will have both the review and interview posted on my blog to start off 2020 (January 1, 2020), in time for its US release on January 7. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Vandenberg's first starring role was in another Jesse V. Johnson film, 2005's Pit Fighter. The film had Scott Adkins in a non-action role as a cowboy named Nathan. Saw it years ago and thinking about eventually re-visiting it.

Thats right, I have a copy of it somewhere among DVD/Blu-Ray box's.

57 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

I will be talking with Dominiquie Vandenberg this afternoon about The Mercenary and will have both the review and interview posted on my blog to start off 2020 (January 1, 2020), in time for its US release on January 7. 

I look forward to reading this @AlbertV. Also enjoyed readingyour recent tribute to late actor and Martial Artist Chan Sing.

• Like 2

The Mercernary hit's DVD in the U.K on the 13th of Janaury, this news comes via TheKungFuMovieGuide.Com.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Kicking off 2020 on my blog with my review of The Mercenary and my exclusive interview with lead star Dominquie Vandenberg

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2020/01/01/the-mercenary-2020/

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2020/01/01/meeting-the-mercenary-an-interview-with-dominiquie-vandenberg/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Review: Jesse V. Johnson’s THE MERCENARY Thrills With Every Kill

Link- https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/review-jesse-v-johnsons-the-mercenary-thrills-with-every-kill/

Fist of justice, Maxx the Preacher(Dominqiue Vanderberg) show's his just as good at beating people up, as he is at providing spiritual guidance.

jesse_v_johnson_the_mercenary_still_2.jp

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2