The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021) - Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Wyatt Russell, Daniel Bruhl, Emily VanCamp

AlbertV

MV5BYzU3NTAzZWEtZDI2MC00OThiLWI2ZjYtOTA0

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are set to reprise their roles as Sam "Falcon" Wilson and Bucky "Winter Soldier" Barnes in a new limited series that will be exclusively on Disney's upcoming streaming service with Kevin Feige executive producing. Malcolm Spellman has been hired to write the series.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/falcon-winter-soldier-limited-series-marvel-1203015438/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are set to reprise their roles as Sam "Falcon" Wilson and Bucky "Winter Soldier" Barnes in a new limited series that will be exclusively on Disney's upcoming streaming service with Kevin Feige executive producing. Malcolm Spellman has been hired to write the series.

Rumour has it, that Disney will offer two different services, one aimed at younger viewers, and one for their adult content etc. I assume you will have to pay for each seperately, if the rumours true that is.

How did home entertianment become more complicated, and spread out over multiple formates/services?.

• Like 3

From what I now know, Disney+ will start up in November and charge $6.99/month.

Here's an update on the limited Falcon and Winter Soldier series. Courtesy of the New York Post

Kari Skogland, who helmed The Handmaid's Tale, will direct the six-episode limited series, which now has a locked in air date of August 2020.

In addition, Daniel Bruhl is set to come back as Baron Zemo and Emily VanCamp is set to return as Sharon Carter. The former appeared only in Civil War while the latter appeared in both The Winter Soldier and Civil War.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

Daniel Bruhl has released this photo, from Comic Con. He will wear the iconic purple mask on the upcoming limited series.

falcon-winter-soldier-zemo-mask-sdcc-201

• Like 2

Thanks @AlbertV for consolidating all the comic con news of note here! Pretty excited for this and Wandavision, and the news about John Wick's Derek Kolstad being attached definitely made my day!

Here's hoping we get a return to some of the excellent Action staging the John WIck crew brought to WInter Soldier and Civil War ( the Winter Soldier capture sequence early on in Civil War was all handled by the JW crew) 🤞

• Like 2

More news on this series: Wyatt Russell will appear in the series as John Walker. In 1987's comic arc, John Walker took up the temporary mantle of Captain America (I have his introductory issue at home) before eventually becoming a version of the Star-Spangled Avenger known as U.S.Agent.

wyatt-russell-1.jpg4745364-john_walker_(earth-616)_from_ave

http://www.darkhorizons.com/marvel-unveils-new-disney-series-details/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Grab from the Disney+ Superbowl Ad...Looks like Bucky got a haircut and here he is, confronting the returning Zemo

200203-sebastian-stan-falcon-and-winter-

• Like 2

The first episode was sheer awesomeness, especially the opening action scene, in which we see the return of Georges St. Pierre as Batroc the Leaper, returning after his appearance in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The Flag Smashers angle works well and now, we're in episode 2, which officially introduces Wyatt Russell (who definitely looks and sounds like his dad Kurt)'s John Walker as the new Captain America. He's clearly nervous and a bit reluctant about taking the moniker and then, we have the buddy action comedy that Falcon and Bucky first showed in Captain America: Civil War in full swing and we get to see John and partner Lemar (who in the 1987 comics were Cap and Bucky...I have that issue) team with Sam and Bucky to take on the Flag Smashers in Munich. Lemar (Cle Bennett) refers to himself as "Battlestar", which is the name he uses in the comics. 

s-l300.jpg

The first issue featuring John Walker and Lemar Hoskins as Captain America and Bucky before John becomes U.S.Agent

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Not sure how I feel about this after three episodes. First one I can agree was awesome! But I sense a inreasing silliness which I don't really like. Also there's just too much going on with this jumping from one place to another and of course introducing new and old characters along the way. Clearly they had the budget which does show and not coming as a surprise. We're talking Marvel afterall. However on a more personal note. Why!? can't they hire actors who can actually speak the foreign language they are supposed to. Since a lot of stuff is happening in german territory I really have to wonder. Anyway, I'm still on board for this season at least.

• Like 2

Wow! This show has gotten good and guess what? Episode 5 introduces a new MCU villain who will appear in later movies or TV shows. 

Spoiler

Julia Louis-Dreyfus appears as The Contessa after John Walker has been stripped of being Captain America due to his actions at the end of episode 4.

• Like 2

Well, I enjoyed the series and I love the new suit Sam Wilson wears and as indicated...

Spoiler

The very final words of the series now reads, "Captain America and the Winter Soldier", which officially solidifies that Sam Wilson is the NEW Captain America. 

As for John Walker, The Contessa gives him a new outfit and christens him "U.S. Agent"

falcon-winter-soldier-5-us-agent.jpg?quaThe_Falcon_and_The_Winter_Soldier_finale

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2