Furie (aka Hai Phuong) (2019) & Furies (aka Thanh Soi) (2023)

DragonClaws

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 2/27/2019 at 3:17 PM, Drunken Monk said:

If anyone's interested...

Capture.PNG

Hey people, just a reminder: Well Go USA has given this a limited theatrical engagement, and it's playing on screens right now. Sadly, due to a tight work schedule it looks like I won't get to see it that way. 😞

I'm not aware of a release date yet, but I'll definitely be purchasing this Blu-ray on day one of its release. 🤓

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
10 minutes ago, Karlos said:

Isn't this on Netflix?

Nope. Some websites announced that it was but I think they confused it with Maria. This doesn't get a release until June 25th.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
14 minutes ago, Karlos said:

Isn't this on Netflix?

It's supposed to be on there, it's up on their official site right now @Karlos. This was a Netlfix movie right?, or do they buy the rights and then claim its one of theirs?.

Furie

2019 1h 37m Action Thrillers

When traffickers kidnap her daughter from their village, vengeful Hai Phuong returns to Saigon -- and her outlaw roots -- to take down the abductors.

Link- https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81075519

Edited by DragonClaws

Drunken Monk

I think it's on Netflix...but isn't available to watch yet? I could be wrong. The link @DragonClaws posted is only giving me the chance to rate it, not watch it.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

I think it's on Netflix...but isn't available to watch yet? I could be wrong. The link @DragonClaws posted is only giving me the chance to rate it, not watch it.

This is taken from the same page, I made the link to.

Watch now on Netflix

Vietnamese superstar Veronica Ngo ("Bright") not only stars in but also produced this Vovinam-heavy action thriller.

As far as I remember, trailers for Maria and Furie came out around the same time. I wasn't impressed with Maria at all and was very interested in watching Furie.

Now, when I watched both movies, I gotta say, to my surprise, I liked Maria more

Furie has better acting(maybe because nobody was speaking broken English), has somewhat better defined characters,  but it also has too much drama for my taste and not enough action. Except for the first fight where the main heroine beats some thugs at the market, the rest fights are much better choreographed and executed. They all cramped in the last 30 min, while for the whole first hour we don't have any real action

While being a better movie overall and featuring better fights(comparing to Maria), I still didn't like Furie as much

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker

Where are the rave and reviews for this film? Why have I now heard about this? Is this not good? 36chamber is doing live commentary for this movie I think on Friday. Come on guys what is going on? When Chocolat came out, you guys were foaming at the mouth since production and up until dvd home video release ranting and raving about it.  Do you guys want me to take over? Cause I will dammit! 

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Where are the rave and reviews for this film? Why have I now heard about this? Is this not good? 36chamber is doing live commentary for this movie I think on Friday. Come on guys what is going on? When Chocolat came out, you guys were foaming at the mouth since production and up until dvd home video release ranting and raving about it.  Do you guys want me to take over? Cause I will dammit! 

I gave up twenty minutes in. Didn't enjoy it at all. The action seemed utterly tame compared to something like The Rebel. I'm not sure if it gets better as the film goes on. There are people on social media who speak very highly of it.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
21 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I gave up twenty minutes in. Didn't enjoy it at all. The action seemed utterly tame compared to something like The Rebel. I'm not sure if it gets better as the film goes on. There are people on social media who speak very highly of it.

I appreciate you, always bro! :BL-GoodJob:

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude
13 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

It does have a bit of a build up to the action, but once it starts, there's a nice progression. Not as good as The Rebel or Clash, but it's far better than some the chick action flicks that have been coming out the last couple of years. You've sat through far worse.

• Like 5

I actually gave up on this one the first time around but thought I’d give it another go. Turns out, it’s actually pretty good!

It’s essentially Taken with Ngo Thanh Van instead of Liam Neeson and that’s a very good thing. It’s mostly a thriller with some great action sequences. The choreography is repetitive in places but it’s well staged, pretty brutal and, overall, hugely entertaining.

Well worth a watch.

• Like 5

Does anyone know what happened to Furies, the sequel to this film? It seems to have dropped off the face of the planet after the trailer was released.

Just now, Drunken Monk said:

Does anyone know what happened to Furies, the sequel to this film? It seems to have dropped off the face of the planet after the trailer was released.

Sorry, prequel not sequel.

ShaOW!linDude
On 11/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Saw Bey Logan's post on FB of the poster with a release date of Dec. 30th, 2022.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Saw Bey Logan's post on FB of the poster with a release date of Dec. 30th, 2022.

I saw that, this morning. Glad to hear it. Hopefully someone will pick it up for the US market soon.

• Like 2